Little log cabin on the prairie

Started by luvsmuzik, December 01, 2018, 09:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Like many, I downloaded masonspappy's free log cabin from NWDA store. Thank you very much for that!
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26001.msg258256.html#msg258256
I also picked up Dune's grass pack, and many thanks for that too!

I have changed this setup a couple of times already, but want to build a rail fence and add a SSS path/road and some clouds and some horses and some bushes and some.......

Posting may be sporatic due to illness, but I try to fiddle here and there when I am up to it. I still check to see all progress daily, so don't disappoint me friends!

sboerner

Nice start! I might suggest some wood smoke coming from the chimney. Reminds me of the old TV show The Real McCoys for some reason. Or any one of several John Ford films.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Take care of yourself and get well.

bobbystahr

Sorry t hear you're not well, seems to be going around where I am as as well, but good to see you posting. Agree this is a good start and look forward to updates.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Hi Luvs, sorry you're not feeling well. Hope this is just a passing thing.
Great start to this image. Love the other props you added. Everything fits together nicely!

DocCharly65

Nice start and beautiful composition.
And get well soon!

Dune

Yeah, I hope you recover soon, so you work on this good start! Take care!!

luvsmuzik

Thank you all for kind comments and concern. It will be a long haul health-wise, but I am a fighter ....wish me luck. :D

So ....I had a pretty flat pasture, which I wanted...I have a rectangular SSS masking long grass area at fence line
And ..I had a nice crop of wheat growing...I have a rectangular SSS that was masking grass in wheat crop

I added my path/road (Dune's simple setup, sort of) Now I have displacement in my pasture and wheat field. where does this come from?
I am masking Dune's grass with the path warper, which is where I do not want grass. Path is okay.

Is this masking too complex for me? I have a couple links already for multiple SSS masking, but so far, no luck avoiding the displacement in pasture and wheat.

Dune

If your road is flat too, that mask will probably be inverted for any off road displacements, but will include the fields, as I gather it's a separate layer. If you want to exclude fields also from that displacement you have to add the field masks to the road mask to exclude all, if I make sense. You can use 'add color' or 'subtract color' (blue nodes) for these combinations, or if all fails, you can copy the simple shapes for fields, make them black and stack them between any white masks. But I guess my wording makes it even more complex now  :P
Post a tgd if you cant get it working....