Tundra pond

Started by cocateho26, December 01, 2018, 05:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocateho26

Another typical mountain scene :P. Did path tracing on this one. I know it doesn't really work with transparency yet, but for the purposes of the pond here that wasn't really necessary, and I felt it gave it a better reflective surface.

WAS

Looks pretty good, though I'd love a better view of the pond.

Maybe the vegetation could use some transparency.

Dune

Very pleasant render, great work. I agree with Was, I think I would move the cam a bit left and up, so you get the whole left tree in view and a bit more of the water. I would also replace the birch, as it looks like it's taking off to the skies  ;)

DocCharly65

Beautiful scene.
The birch is in fact a bit disturbing the scene. A try without it would be interesting.

bobbystahr

A Doc and Dune...I suspect that is a sick weeping willow and it's radically out of place with all the conifers..I agree it should go and it would be a more coherent scene IMHO.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

cocateho26

An update using some of the suggestions posted. The willow did need to go  ;)

Dune

Great update. I like this much more. The lake is more there, but still subtle. I also like the shadow over the mountains. One thing that struck me; the very black patches on the stone at the right. Are they artifacts or on purpose, part of the texture?
And perhaps I would put the flowers slightly more in patches, they're a bit evenly spread.

DocCharly65

Like a picture from a book of fairytales. Beautiful :)

bobbystahr

Well fixed...great scene...Like.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist