Alteration - The Cycle Of The Persistence

Started by iaminonsiner, December 04, 2018, 03:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

DocCharly65

iaminonsiner

New test for find good camera position ( not pay attention to the bottom of the image )

[attachimg=1]

in your opinion, what could I add as a type of cloud ( and what settings ) to have a rather low and voluminous cloud surrounding the top of the mountain?

Dune

You can click in the viewport where the mountain is, copy the coordinates and localize your cloud to that area. Localizeing is done in a spherical space, so if you need really high clouds, but not so wide, it may cut off top/bottom. Or use a soft simple shape (round) as mask, which will extend into Y eternity (column). Then play with the cloud fractal to get the best shapes within that area. That's one way.

iaminonsiner

Quote from: Dune on December 12, 2018, 01:32:30 AM
You can click in the viewport where the mountain is, copy the coordinates and localize your cloud to that area. Localizeing is done in a spherical space, so if you need really high clouds, but not so wide, it may cut off top/bottom. Or use a soft simple shape (round) as mask, which will extend into Y eternity (column). Then play with the cloud fractal to get the best shapes within that area. That's one way.

Thank you Dune, I will post a new image soon to show what I have done with your advices ! Do you know how can I modify the " transparency " of my clouds ? They are too opaque and I would see my mountain behind the clouds. I tried some settings but no results.

[attachimg=1]

luvsmuzik

Adjusting the Density of your cloud layer usually helps here. Move the decimal.0.1 to 0.01 or similar.  :)

iaminonsiner

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 12, 2018, 09:01:03 AM
Adjusting the Density of your cloud layer usually helps here. Move the decimal.0.1 to 0.01 or similar.  :)

Thank mate ! It works perfectly !

For those who are interested, I did a survey on twitter about the next planet I will illustrate, so I will put it here too, feel free to answer it and give your opinion:

1/ To - Volcanic planet
2/ Kusk - Misty planet ( hello h.p. lovecraft )
3/ Maera - Oceanic planet

iaminonsiner

Hello guys.

Today, I share with you final images of Madem :

Name : Madem
System : SINEON
Type : Telluric  ( Moon of Umtar )
Weather : Dry
Colors : White / Black
Faune : Rare and Submarine
Flora : None
Particularity : Inhabited by a Persistents community

iaminonsiner

Hello guys !

Today, I share with you first test of Maera, oceanic planet of SINEON system !

[attachimg=1]

If Maera interest you, you can listen this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIvbx2LxIVw&t=2s

gao_jian11

I like it very much! You have created a simple, abstract application style in terragen that is very attractive. Usually we do some very real work in terragen, because terragen does have such powerful capabilities.