"model testing" RockyForest Road

Started by bobbystahr, December 07, 2018, 09:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This image can be classified as Model Testing as I'd not explored the XFROG Pacific Yew and my little dandilion fill in, a plant called Leopard Plant. I's a nice change from the dandilion...and it's in a package I posted at least at old ashunder from Drew Caldwell who approved my conversion to .tgo...maybe even here. I found the Yew to be an excellent lighting tree and big thanks to Dune/Ulco for his invaluable .501 Opacity trick on the leaves...it really makes them work.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Thanks, Bobby. This looks good in terms of lighting and composition. I do think you need to roughen up the earth between the grasses with some small scale displacements and perhaps some tiny fake stones. Same goes for the gravel path. And I was wondering what the white standing thing is, a bit to the right?
A person standing at the edge of the wood would make this come alive.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 08, 2018, 02:42:57 AM
Thanks, Bobby. This looks good in terms of lighting and composition. I do think you need to roughen up the earth between the grasses with some small scale displacements and perhaps some tiny fake stones. Same goes for the gravel path. And I was wondering what the white standing thing is, a bit to the right?
A person standing at the edge of the wood would make this come alive.

I think you're right Ulco, and it's sort of odd that I only got a notification for this reply this A M on the 20th...Gremlins in the works? I may come back to this image yet.. but my ADD has me jumping creatively all over the place lately.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

As usual, Ulco pointed out everything so that I can't add anything :)  ...except: Mhhh... long time ago, I saw one of your cars... nice place for an old Rolls Royce or something like that ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 20, 2018, 12:34:14 PM
As usual, Ulco pointed out everything so that I can't add anything :)  ...except: Mhhh... long time ago, I saw one of your cars... nice place for an old Rolls Royce or something like that ;)

Hmmm, I could have the lady drive her Morgan through it...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 20, 2018, 12:34:14 PM

..here y go Nils, enjoy.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 23, 2018, 08:23:36 AM
You are doing some wonderful renders of late!
thanks luvz...keeping my brain away from thinking other less nice thoughts of this summer past
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New