"Early bird" offer

Started by N-drju, December 11, 2018, 07:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Dear Planetside,

Guys, I am quite excited about the cheaper, subscription option for TG that you present on the main page. Smart move!
There is one issue however that I would like to mention - what happens with the one-machine subscription license if, let's say, someday one has to change computer because the previous one is too old / broken / eaten by a bear? Does it mean a new subscription (no longer an "early bird") has to be purchased? Or is it a time-based but permanent-one-machine offer? Thanks!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Matt

You can install the key on any computer that you own. You just can't use it on more than one computer simultaneously, except for rendering which has higher limits mentioned on the following pages:

Creative:
https://planetside.co.uk/buy-terragen/terragen-4-creative/#subscriptions

Professional:
https://planetside.co.uk/buy-terragen/terragen-4-professional/#subscriptions
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

N-drju

Mhm. Okay, thanks. Now, however, I must nag you some more and have these important questions answered:

1. What is the deadline for the "Early Bird" offer? (if you don't wish to disclose, just don't say)
2. Are there any other costs (explicit or implied) to the offer provided except for the mentioned $87 / year? Do I have to pay additional money for updating the software or, in particular, for canceling the subscription payment if I do not want to use the software anymore (any cancellation penalty or similar mechanism)?
3. Is it possible to make a one-time $87 payment for the yearly subscription, or is it necessary to make monthly $7.5 payments?
4. [if monthly payments in a one-year plan] What happens if a payment date is missed? Are there any penalty fees for late payment?
5. [if one-time payment in a one-year plan] Same as above.
6. If upon expiry of a subscription, I don't pay for a new subscription does it make it impossible to use your software or am I forced to pay a penalty / fine for not buying another subscription.
7. As I understand, purchasing a subscription constitutes an agreement. Is it possible to just stop paying for subscription if I wish to cancel an agreement (read: no longer wish to use the software either in "Creative" or "Professional" versions) or do I need to explicitly notify you (via e-mail, telephone or other means of communication) that I no longer wish to use and pay for the software?
8. Finally, is the "Early Bird" subscription offer valid for an unspecified time frame or am I forced to use your software for a specified period of time before I am ever allowed to cancel it?

Thank you for your assistance on the matter. Sorry for the amount of questions to be covered, but it is important.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Matt

Quote from: N-drju on December 11, 2018, 04:19:57 PM
1. What is the deadline for the "Early Bird" offer? (if you don't wish to disclose, just don't say)

We have not decided that yet.

2. Are there any other costs (explicit or implied) to the offer provided except for the mentioned $87 / year? Do I have to pay additional money for updating the software or, in particular, for canceling the subscription payment if I do not want to use the software anymore (any cancellation penalty or similar mechanism)?

No, none at all. While your subscription is active you get all updates for free. Cancellation doesn't cost you anything, but we don't usually refund payments on subscriptions. If you wanted to pick up subscription after cancellation, you'd start at whatever the price is at that time.

3. Is it possible to make a one-time $87 payment for the yearly subscription, or is it necessary to make monthly $7.5 payments?

The former. The Yearly subscription requires a payment once per year of $87 (or whatever the price is when you first buy a subscription), and then the same amount paid each year after that until you cancel. Renewal payments will be setup automatically.

We don't have an "installments" system at the moment. Anyone wanting to pay monthly should choose the Monthly subscription instead, which is a different price.

4. [if monthly payments in a one-year plan] What happens if a payment date is missed? Are there any penalty fees for late payment?

Not applicable at the time of writing, since we don't have monthly payments on the Yearly subscription. All payments are considered "up-front".

5. [if one-time payment in a one-year plan] Same as above.

When a payment is made on an active subscription, the subscription is renewed and the expiry date is extended (e.g. if you're on a Yearly subscription, 1 year is added to the expiry date). If you miss a payment, your subscription will not be renewed beyond its current expiry date.

Once a subscription goes past its expiry date without being renewed, it is at our sole discretion whether we considered this "cancelled" (it is complicated by various things such as the payment systems we use, and may change over time). Reactivating a cancelled subscription might be possible at the same price that you were paying before, but we don't guarantee this and it will be at our sole discretion.

You have the option to renew early, which would prevent any complications with expired subscriptions being cancelled. You don't lose any time by renewing early.

6. If upon expiry of a subscription, I don't pay for a new subscription does it make it impossible to use your software or am I forced to pay a penalty / fine for not buying another subscription.

If your subscription expires/cancels, Terragen can only be used in Free Non-Commercial mode until the subscription is renewed to extend the expiry date or a new subscription is started.

7. As I understand, purchasing a subscription constitutes an agreement. Is it possible to just stop paying for subscription if I wish to cancel an agreement (read: no longer wish to use the software either in "Creative" or "Professional" versions) or do I need to explicitly notify you (via e-mail, telephone or other means of communication) that I no longer wish to use and pay for the software?

On the Yearly subscription, your payment is an up-front payment for the year. You can simply cancel payments and your subscription will not be renewed - i.e. it will expire on the current expiry date, and it may be cancelled (see my reply to point 5). That is not a violation of any agreement with us. You can contact us by email to cancel a subscription if you prefer to do it that way.

8. Finally, is the "Early Bird" subscription offer valid for an unspecified time frame or am I forced to use your software for a specified period of time before I am ever allowed to cancel it?

You can cancel any time you want. However, we do not usually refund payments on subscriptions, so if you buy a Yearly subscription your subscription will be valid for at least one year.

Thank you for your assistance on the matter. Sorry for the amount of questions to be covered, but it is important.

No problem. Thank you for considering buying a subscription.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

N-drju

Thanks for an informative reply!

Now, if you excuse me I'll go stretch my feathers and consider. ;)