Just another landscape

Started by bobbystahr, December 14, 2018, 03:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Went back to using  the Generate Terrain for the first time in a long while and found this attractive spot. I planted Dune's Moerascipres and the Atlas Cedar from XFROG and a Purple Willow low bush also an XFROG plus an exaggerated Dune grass 5.tgo for the swamp grass...worked O K I think. C&C as always welcome. Have a nice day, I am.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

Very nice light effect in the clouds. I have the impression that with this very low sun, the forest would be a little darker than the one in your image.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on December 14, 2018, 05:08:19 PM
Very nice light effect in the clouds. I have the impression that with this very low sun, the forest would be a little darker than the one in your image.

Thanks man and very likely as I over-exposed it 2 stops on the 3D preview slider.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Maybe also decrease translucency to deepen the shadows a bit. You can also use the internal grass for swamp grasses if you stretch them (0.5-5-0.5 or so).

sboerner

Another nice one, Bobby. You're making good use of those winter days.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 15, 2018, 01:44:45 AM
Maybe also decrease translucency to deepen the shadows a bit. You can also use the internal grass for swamp grasses if you stretch them (0.5-5-0.5 or so).

will try that translucency tweak, thanks Ulco.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice one so far - curious how it comes out with the suggested changes :)

bobbystahr

As Ulco suggested I pulled the Translucency way back and the scene appears darker as it should now, at least to may eyes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Yes, but think this is more what your eyes would perceive with such low sun. A little more haze  would also be good I think, to decrease the 'harshness' of the horizon clouds.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 17, 2018, 01:25:03 AM
Yes, but think this is more what your eyes would perceive with such low sun. A little more haze  would also be good I think, to decrease the 'harshness' of the horizon clouds.

good thought...off to the chiro as it's Mon morning but will try that out when I return...

Hours later...
well I set it to render during my appt. but doubled the AA which is great for the image but am in hour 4 of the sky. Later today it will have proved a good idea but right now it's ticking me off heh heh.

checking back it seems I 'thought' I was doubling the AA but merely left it at 3 and made the mpD .6....sigh...shouldn't do set up before coffee...no idea why it's taking so long to render ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

11 seconds off 6 hours, was it worth it? C&C, as always, welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Way more natural than the first iteration anyway. I wonder why it takes so long; easy cloud I presume?

masonspappy

DocCharly65

Great improvement!
Render time really sounds like easy-clouds.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 18, 2018, 01:54:55 AM
Way more natural than the first iteration anyway. I wonder why it takes so long; easy cloud I presume?

Thanks Y'all and  I'm as curious as the rest. Y got  me on the time as well as it's a Ver. 2 cloud...must be this old DELL.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New