The Santa Claus Christmas Sleigh Tuning Desaster

Started by DocCharly65, December 16, 2018, 12:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Breaking News: Astronomers spotted Santa Claus's two escaped test mooses in a small observatory on an island somewhere off Ålesund. They were part of an experiment to tune the Christmas sleigh for higher horsepower by using moose instead of reindeer. Scientists suspect that the two escaped elks meanwhile would have reached an orbit around Alpha UMi, the current North Star.  Breaking News: Astronomers spotted Santa Claus's two escaped test mooses in a small observatory on an island somewhere off Ålesund. They were part of an experiment to tune the Christmas sleigh for higher horsepower by using moose instead of reindeer. Scientists suspect that the two escaped elks meanwhile would have reached an orbit around Alpha UMi, the current North Star.  Breaking News: Astronomers spotted Santa Claus's two escaped test mooses in a small observatory on an island somewhere off Ålesund. They were part of an experiment to tune the Christmas sleigh for higher horsepower by using moose instead of reindeer. Scientists suspect that the two escaped elks meanwhile would have reached an orbit around Alpha UMi, the current North Star.
[attach=1]

Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, creative and humourous 2019!
"The Doc" ;)

Mooses by 3DRT
Observatory from archive3D.net
Plants XFrog

luvsmuzik

I suspect Rocket J Squirrel is somehow behind this escape! ;D

Thank you!  :)

Oshyan

bobbystahr

Ha ha ha ha ha and a ho ho ho, good one and the same wishes back to you Doc. Coincidentally I think I'm using that same Ancient Astronomy obj in a render I've got cooking now
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

A beautiful humour as always. I like the halo around the moon. Happy holidays to you too!  :)

masonspappy

Dune

;D :) Typical Doc  ;) Love it. All best wishes for you too, Nils!

N-drju

You must have meant "higher moosepower". :P

All best to you too! Merry Christmas and productive new Year!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

RichTwo

My personal opinion only, but maybe the meese, (mooses, whatever...) could benefit with contrails to show the effect of velocity...

Thanks for the bit of levity!  And may you and yours enjoy!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's wishes!
They're all wasted!

DocCharly65

Thanks @all :)

Nice idea Rich, - maybe I have the time to implement it at weekend. Perhaps more likely a strip of little glittering stars...?!  I'll give that a try :)

Dune

Nice idea indeed; card(s) with tiny white dots on black, same as opacity mask, well luminous.....

Hannes

Cool!!!!  ;D ;D ;D Merry christmas and a happy new year to you!!

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on December 19, 2018, 02:24:07 AM
Nice idea indeed; card(s) with tiny white dots on black, same as opacity mask, well luminous.....

Thank you Hannes and Ulco :)

@ Ulco and Rich2:
...already in work... and it will be animated... of course ;)

DocCharly65

I added two streetlamps by nobicasa found some time ago on Turbosquid or CGTrader...
6 populations of speres with animated eliptic simple shape shaders.

It's one of my very seldom animations in 1920x1080 to get an appropriate quality of the twinkling star tail with a hint of particle effect :)
Tomorrow or the day after the animation should be finished.

[attach=1]

Until then, I wish everyone a nice dinner this evening. See you tomorrow or the day after tomorrow in the animation section :)

raymoh

Merry Xmas and a happy new year and thank you for the UMO's (Unidentified Moose Objects). :)
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)