Rest In Peace Ken Musgrave (Doc Mojo)

Started by DannyG, December 17, 2018, 09:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

RIP to Doc Mojo himself, the man who was so instrumental in the development of CG landscape design (Mojoworld) We owe much to this guy. Again RIP Doc

http://www.kenmusgrave.com/index.html
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Wait, did he die?? I can't find any info on it with a quick search. Very sad if so, such a crazy, visionary genius.

- Oshyan

René

I can't find any information either, although there are some worrying messages on his facebook page.
I still own a copy of National Geographic(june 1989) with an image that' s also on his internet site that triggered my interest in 3D landscapes.

DannyG

Quote from: René on December 18, 2018, 04:21:34 AM
I can't find any information either, although there are some worrying messages on his facebook page.

I am guessing his FB privacy settings are keeping you guys from seeing the posts from friends and family giving their condolences. He did indeed pass.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

Ah, yes, we were not "friends" on Facebook. Sad to hear this. I hope he had a peaceful departure. :(

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

RIP Ken, you got me into terrain 3D as much as Terragen...you'll be missed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

He was heavily involved with the development of Bryce if I am not mistaken. I think we all dabbled with that application.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Asterlil

:'( I got to know Dr. Musgrave because of Mojoworld; he used to host weekly discussion sessions on his own board for mojoheads. I was sorry when the whole enterprise came to a halt for reasons I never learned. I loved that program, and enjoyed his online company.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on December 19, 2018, 12:48:28 PM
He was heavily involved with the development of Bryce if I am not mistaken. I think we all dabbled with that application.

Yes, that was my first interaction with his brain.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

efflux