Exoplanet "Ross 128 b"

Started by raymoh, December 22, 2018, 06:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymoh

So after a long time I dare to share an image on this board.
I'm working with Terragen several years now, as an amateur and just for fun. Creating a render for me is still "trial and error" and "learning by doing". Since English is not my native language (I'm speaking german), all the more technical terms I had to "guess and google". BTW: It would be nice to have a german localization for Terragen...
Anyway, my focus is on astronomical art, creating alien landscapes as "real" as possible, with the needed scientific background.
So here is my render of a confirmed exoplanet:
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Dune

You should dare posting more renders. I specifically like the light in this one and the 'alien' feel. If you have and questions or are facing a problem, just ask.

archonforest

Very nice! Lovely atmo and colors.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Agree with the rest and I do believe there are German speakers here so if you run into a problem and can't express it in English I'm sure some one could help.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

RichTwo

Though I deign to use the twist and shear shader, it's a fairly dramatic use here. And I'm a huge fan of the atmo effects!
They're all wasted!

DocCharly65

raymoh

Thank you for your comments and encouragement. Other render will follow.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)