WIP animation old scene frame

Started by Kadri, January 03, 2019, 03:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

It is grandiose and very mysterious at the same time!

Kadri

I rendered a test for a scene with full water as a second planet.

I made a render with "Displacement tolerance" of the water planet with "1" that took 51 minutes.
The render with  "Displacement tolerance" at "0.1" took 39 minutes and there was no visible difference (in this scene at least).

A different test about the "Pixel reconscruction filter" differences (not related to the above) gave not much different looks.
Just the "Cubic B-Spline sharp" looked a little sharper but not much.
Not sure why there are not much difference (i expected more) but probably of the 2D motion blur i used ?

Kadri

I tested with the smooth filter shader to get noise free animation instead of high AA.
Render times jumped from 1 hour or so to 2 hours.
Didn't wait for the AA 10 to render test (without smooth filter node) to finish but both are taking too long.

I think working a little more and not using small displacement (without much changing the look) might be better.
A first test was under 40 minutes with this approach for this section. Most sections render relatively faster like 10-15 minutes per frame.
Just have to test render much more sections to see if this does break some parts or looks worse or not.

Some renderers in other software does use denoising. Curious if some kind of similar option would be helpful in Terragen.