Above the clouds - about 15,000ft

Started by hlam, January 03, 2019, 10:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Depending on how many cloud layers you have that doesn't sound too crazy at that resolution.

- Oshyan

WAS

The focal cloud layer seems a bit fuzzy; maybe the quality tab settings were knocked (I see Oshyan already noted this. Sorry trying to play catch up on topics active), but in general I washed pretty shocked by the amount of detail here. The shapes all work with each other and there is even a level of illusion with direction between layers.

archonforest

Quote from: hlam on January 06, 2019, 05:30:01 PM
13 hours was for a 6000 X 4000. dual Hexcore 3.06ghz each.  settings AA 4, micro detail at .6 Everything else on default i think.
Sounds a bit slow for a dual hexa... But your clouds can slow it down for sure. Depend on the quality of them...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

StephB

Photography & Graphic Arts
http://www.stephanebeilliard.com/site/

hlam

just a quick update.  I'm having lots of fun/frustration with trying to make those ultra red sunsets you sometimes see.  Would anyone know what mainly controls that lovely deep purple + red tones?  I've experimented with sun colour, but everything looks a bit fake.

[attachimg=1]

mhaze

archonforest

Under Atmo check the Min tab and the Tweaks tab. There you can modify the colors.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

hlam

Quote from: archonforest on February 11, 2019, 05:08:33 AM
Under Atmo check the Min tab and the Tweaks tab. There you can modify the colors.

wow, thanks for that! i'll give it a shot. :)

Oshyan

Redsky Decay strength and/or color. But keep in mind these effects can be very strong with only small changes to the values, so take it slowly. :D I would switch to RTP mode in the 3D preview and make adjustments and see how it affects things in realtime.

- Oshyan