Started as yet another beach doodle

Started by bobbystahr, December 28, 2018, 12:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Here's an update with considerable help from Ulco/Dune. Looking again here I think I need to rotate the waves to the shore.
Lo Res atm but Final will be a more appropriate setting.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Starts to become a "WOW"- render ;)
Much better!

Is there a texture missing on that lifebelt?

I like the mood that strongly remembers me to the TV Show "Haven" or Stephen Kings "Colorado Kid" (I don't know if Haven is the international title of the show)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on January 01, 2019, 07:55:50 PM
Starts to become a "WOW"- render ;)
Much better!
Is there a texture missing on that lifebelt?
I like the mood that strongly remembers me to the TV Show "Haven" or Stephen Kings "Colorado Kid" (I don't know if Haven is the international title of the show)

Thanks Nils, no, the life ring didn't have one and that whole model came textured.
I have never owned a T V so I can't agree or disagree to your observation..
The mood is in the main a product of the sky which is 'storm clouds with fog' from the preset collection. I tried cyphyr's voroni storm clouds as well which give a brighter scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

No need to rotate the waves, Bobby, the left-right stripes you see are foam stretched a bit. You can take that stretching out. I now see that your buildings are quite a different proportion than the real world sea. I think I made the fading foam/surf coastal area about 20m wide (hard to see in this light), so the cabin must be 20-40m or more.
The foam stripes very near to the coast can be broken up a bit if you add a PF to the breakup of that particular sureface shader, as it's a bit smooth atm. A pretty contrasty 0.5-2-0.01 sized perlin would do, I guess.

archonforest

Nice update Bobby. U are getting there. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 02, 2019, 02:49:07 AM
No need to rotate the waves, Bobby, the left-right stripes you see are foam stretched a bit. You can take that stretching out. I now see that your buildings are quite a different proportion than the real world sea. I think I made the fading foam/surf coastal area about 20m wide (hard to see in this light), so the cabin must be 20-40m or more.
The foam stripes very near to the coast can be broken up a bit if you add a PF to the breakup of that particular sureface shader, as it's a bit smooth atm. A pretty contrasty 0.5-2-0.01 sized perlin would do, I guess.

good thought , I'll try that later today..stuff to do first as it snowed yet again last night and I must shovel the walk so the mail can get in...I FRIGGIN HATE WINTER
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Sigh, so I wake up today and the weather report announces +2 C.   what gives? Climate changing is soooo confusing for the wardrobe.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New