Medieval Maglev

Started by Dune, January 04, 2019, 10:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

mhaze

DocCharly65

:D
Is not that perhaps Don Quixot and a miller who swapped the mills for a monorail to earn more money?

And great quality as always :)

Oshyan

Ooo, this is fun. I love the shape of the composition and how it leads your eye around and frames the scene.

- Oshyan

Dune

Thanks. Started out a a normal mountain path, then I decided about overhangs, then I found this sharp corner. I had to push a hole in the wall to accomodate the camera and set it to FOV=70. And then I added the cube (rail), bent it the same as the warped path (vdisp), added a pop of railbearring constructions, which I had to edit (I'm so glad with that feature!). I first tried to pop/anchor them on a second invisible rail/wall that was bent the same as the path, but I couldn't make them angle with the rail.
This is path traced, btw. No post. It's a bit on the dark side, though. Took 2h25min at 0.6 and 6, with 0.5 exxagerated GISD, soft shadows with 5 samples. Default rendered this takes 25mins.

Matt

Quote from: Dune on January 05, 2019, 02:08:19 AM
This is path traced, btw. No post. It's a bit on the dark side, though. Took 2h25min at 0.6 and 6, with 0.5 exxagerated GISD, soft shadows with 5 samples. Default rendered this takes 25mins.

I think you could render this much faster with no ill effect by reducing soft shadow samples to 1. Whenever you render with "Defer all shading" or "Path tracing on surfaces" anti-aliasing will take care of the sampling.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Thanks Matt, good to know.

Hannes

;D ;D ;D
That's really cool. The lighting is fantastic!

bobbystahr

As noted, astounding, especially that final..good tip from Matt, now if only I can find the cash to upgrade my maintainence...sigh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

A whimsical concept wrapped up in a beautiful render!

sboerner

Really cool. Could be a scene out of Firefly. And thanks for walking us through your process.

Jo Kariboo

Excellent picture! Nice contrast with modern and old!