Boredom/Unispired Period render

Started by bobbystahr, January 05, 2019, 04:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Here's a boredom/uninspired period render of an example scene, the one with spires, from the preset package. I like how Hannes' presets make it something very different.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

I actually like this one, especially the materials on the columns (as I mentioned on FB, heh). It's very fanciful yet somehow grounded. Almost like a temple rising out of a mysterious part of Africa somewhere or something, where the local people have painted gold onto a unique rock formation as a place of worship perhaps. Or just a stunning natural gold deposit. ;)

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on January 05, 2019, 07:30:03 PM
I actually like this one, especially the materials on the columns (as I mentioned on FB, heh). It's very fanciful yet somehow grounded. Almost like a temple rising out of a mysterious part of Africa somewhere or something, where the local people have painted gold onto a unique rock formation as a place of worship perhaps. Or just a stunning natural gold deposit. ;)

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan and coincidentally I thought it had an African feel as well..giant abandoned ant colonies came to mind.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Yes, ant/termite, exactly! Maybe they were an escaped lab experiment from Wakanda (not sure if you are familiar with the Marvel comic universe, it's a fictional hyper-tech nation in Africa): termites that harvest and eat gold, rather than wood? :D

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on January 05, 2019, 08:19:05 PM
Yes, ant/termite, exactly! Maybe they were an escaped lab experiment from Wakanda (not sure if you are familiar with the Marvel comic universe, it's a fictional hyper-tech nation in Africa): termites that harvest and eat gold, rather than wood? :D

- Oshyan

Yes I am and could very well be a scenario from that epic series
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Cool idea, cool render and cool discussion between you both ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on January 07, 2019, 06:32:03 AM
Cool idea, cool render and cool discussion between you both ;D

Thanks mate but nothing very original about it all, just playing with presets...sometimes y get lucky.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on January 07, 2019, 11:26:58 AM
Inteeeeeeresting........ I like :)

Thanks Mick...those presets are a really good way to go when uninspired/bored.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Jo Kariboo

I think when I look at this picture on Saturday night live and at the Cone Heads gags! Good memories for those who watched this series!Nice textures too!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on January 09, 2019, 10:25:50 PM
I think when I look at this picture on Saturday night live and at the Cone Heads gags! Good memories for those who watched this series!Nice textures too!

Heh heh, I never made the cone head connection and now I can't shake it ...the cool textures are from Hannes' collection he shared in File Sharing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New