still here,  ;D

More info, bigger image here:  http://inkydigit.net/2019/01/07/sodium-sunset/

Cheers
J

inkydigit

Bigger version
No pw, just jpegged  8)

N-drju

Definitely nice to look at. :P But I don't get the title.

Bahhh. Forget it. I think faster than I read. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Cool stuff, Jason. Very subtle and intriguing.

mhaze

inkydigit

Cheers folks, got a slightly enhanced version, will post later... :)

N-drju

Quote from: inkydigit on January 07, 2019, 12:29:20 PM
Cheers folks, got a slightly enhanced version, will post later... :)

Please do. I like experimentation with lighting. People usually don't do this, because insignificant changes can lead to quite noticeable realism loss...

And let's admit it - we all are photorealism crybabies from time to time... ;) That's why you don't see unorthodox results often enough.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

iaminonsiner

inkydigit

As promised, an 'enhanced' version.  (Curves, sharpening, black point... all minor tweaks to the original tiff)
Hopefully an improved version! :D

Dune

I think I like this better, though the hard versions also looked very good. But now I seem to notice that she floats a bit, but maybe she really floats  ;)

N-drju

To be absolutely honest Jason, I prefer the low-contrast version. ;) I'd say it's more serene, imagination-friendly and... hm... well, yes, more sensual too.

inkydigit

Thanks folks, @Dune yeah I know what you mean re the floating, but I did check by setting camera below ground level to see if the feet were visible, they weren't in the preview, I think it is the lack of shadow perhaps, maybe she is over enhanced lol!
It almost looks like she is coming out of the ground too!
I am split, I like the mystery of the darker version, but the rock/terrain details I enjoyed the latter ...
I initially only edited it for social media (Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/inkydigit ;) )
But decided to share it here to as it yielded interesting results, the post work was done with Snapseed on my iPhone! 
Thanks for all your views and comments folks, much appreciated!
J
:)

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on January 08, 2019, 02:41:16 AM
To be absolutely honest Jason, I prefer the low-contrast version. ;) I'd say it's more serene, imagination-friendly and... hm... well, yes, more sensual too.

I'm almost in agreement on this...the 'floating' thing isn't apparent in it. But it's nice to see the terrain texturing......
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

I prefer the last one for subtility!