Rescuing the past

Started by bobbystahr, January 09, 2019, 12:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

I found this from way back when Hannes gave me his prize, TG2 full and I could do many pops. It (the project) sucked back then but my ability increased over time I suspect as I got this one out of the .tgd and I really like it . Maybe some tweaking yes do I'll say C&C welcome...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Cool image, Bobby!
Some crits if you don't mind: the trees look a bit uniform, so what about some size variation and a subtle leaning effect?
And I know, you're colourblind, so I'd say the bright green of the trees is a bit too saturated.
This image has a lot of potential in my opinion, so will you carry on tweaking this one?

Hannes

...and in the center of the image, a little to the left, there seem to be some hovering populations. Did you connect the last terrain shader to the pop's terrain input?

mhaze

Yes! you have a nice composition here. As already mention the colours are too saturated and the trees too uniform.  I think the grasses need to be denser with some colour variation. Perhaps add some fake stones and some flowers?

bobbystahr

Thanks guys, colour checks are always welcome, dunno about the grass density, there are 2 pops. one up high and closer to the camera and the other a broader population and on this old 8 G RAM Dell it took 20 min. to pop heh heh so that part may have to wait till I get all this stuff back to the Corsair(got it running but no screen...HDMI not connecting and neither is the other input so I may have fried the video card)...I'll try though. I don't see the floaters Hannes, could you circle them and post that.
I'm thinking the saturation came from too much 'influence' in the Colour Tab of the populator object so I'll try dialing that back a bit, I also thought that garishness was just my 'affliction' but it seems you both agree with me.
Got music on deck for the better part of today but will get back to this maybe this evening...wasn't too long a render to get done in the evening....thanks for the input
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

well after 5 in a row CTD events while tweaking this I think my days working on this DELL with Terragen are about over...
This is going to have to wait for the Corsair as well....I'll post in this thread with an update when ever that happens
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 09, 2019, 02:41:53 PM
well after 5 in a row CTD events while tweaking this I think my days working on this DELL with Terragen are about over...
This is going to have to wait for the Corsair as well....I'll post in this thread with an update when ever that happens

I am looking forward to that! Big potential in this beautiful landscape! ... Good luck with your Corsair :)

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 09, 2019, 10:46:49 AM
I don't see the floaters Hannes, could you circle them and post that.

Sure. Maybe it's just looking like floaters, but I can't see any connection between these plants and the ground.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on January 10, 2019, 04:16:24 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 09, 2019, 10:46:49 AM
I don't see the floaters Hannes, could you circle them and post that.

Sure. Maybe it's just looking like floaters, but I can't see any connection between these plants and the ground.

Thought that might be the ones but they actually land om a little piece of terrain jagging out there. Will have to wait till the Corsair is up and at em...now it has no video...might be a crapped out card as I get a no signal fro HDMI message.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New