Terragen VR Challenge Winner Galleries

Started by Oshyan, January 09, 2019, 04:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

You've waited patiently, now enjoy the winning images (all 44!) from the Terragen VR Challenge in full 8k glory!

For now we are using Facebook while we do further research into the best options to host these on our website:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/PlanetsideSoftware/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2034916586576876

Enjoy!

- Oshyan

DannyG

Some killer renders on display. I for one would've not wanted to judge that one. Congratulations to all who entered!
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Kadri

Thanks for posting all the images.

Wish i could overlook the errors, bad things i made :)

Dune

Yes, it's an amazing gallery (and I'm ashamed of a few silly mistakes too). Hope to get the originals soon....

Hannes

Wow, it was worth the waiting! Thanks for rendering all these great images.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Hannes on January 10, 2019, 04:05:01 AM
Wow, it was worth the waiting! Thanks for rendering all these great images.
The same opinion applies!

archonforest

Quote from: Oshyan on January 09, 2019, 04:47:11 PM
You've waited patiently, now enjoy the winning images (all 44!) from the Terragen VR Challenge in full 8k glory!

For now we are using Facebook while we do further research into the best options to host these on our website:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/PlanetsideSoftware/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2034916586576876

Enjoy!

- Oshyan

Yes pls share them also somewhere else. I have no facebook but would like to download them and see them.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

You can watch them without 'having' facebook, luckily. I'm not a big fan of FB either  ;)

Oshyan

We really wanted to avoid having to use FB as well, that's part of why it took so long I'm sad to say. But ultimately FB seems to have the most widely compatible platform for 360 image viewing at the moment. We will still look at other options and hope to find something better. We will be sending the full resolution original renders to each of the winners. If it seems like a widely-requested thing we can also consider posting just the original images somewhere in case someone wants to try using a stand-alone viewer, but we can't provide any support for specific viewers/configurations, etc. of course.

- Oshyan

DannyG

IMO they actually viewed fairly nicely on Facebook, viewing them in my headset would of course be the real deal. That said in the future if a downloadable Full res version in any format become available that would be nice. Again congratulations to all who entered.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

I have internet only on my cellphone and to view a 360 image on a small screen is not very useful. But I have a 360 viewer program on my PC that is connected to a big TV and thus I could view the images there. Can we just upload the pictures so they are downloadable for offline view? 
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

8k + VR! What an amazing collection of images, I'm glad Planetside took the time to do these right. While I no longer participate in FB, I do appreciate that these images can viewed at this level of quality. Every one of these represents so much work and creativity, and each deserves to be, and is indeed, a 'Winner'. I'm really looking forward to see these in a quality VR headset.

Oshyan

Sounds like there is a pretty good interest in downloadable versions, so we'll work on that. Again we won't be able to provide support for specific methods of viewing them offline/in a headset/etc. but we can provide the files, which will be tagged for equirectangular viewing.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

For those who wanted to download the original images for viewing in stand-alone spherical pano software on desktop or mobile, here's a GDrive folder with all of them. Should be open access for anyone with the link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RtYsLC_RuHmuGM-ti1z8wAk6olsMETFV?usp=sharing

I recommend turning on thumbnail mode so you can get an idea of what each one is, and you can also double-click to preview. Download should be available for all. These are the high quality JPGs of course, and they include appropriate meta data to specify viewing in an equirectangular format for most spherical pano viewers.

- Oshyan

KlausK

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)