Open Project: Voronoi

Started by Volker Harun, October 24, 2007, 06:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

And it works very fine ... more to come later ...

Edit: Attached image

efflux

Here's a though for the use of the voronoi 3D cell scalar. It can be used to change the colour of every voronoi rock, like we have in the fake stones. Every rock a different colour. I haven't tried this yet and I should spend some time on it but I know it will work  ;)

Love that last image Volker. Very nice Voronoi.

I certainly plan on working with voronoi more and will post any results here.

efflux

My mind is boggling already. Every voronoi rock a different colour, well why not every voronoi rock a blend of different materials.  :o

efflux

And here it is:

The graph:

101 other uses for this. Think about it. ;)

fake stones shader RIP. :D

Mr_Lamppost

Once again you are heading off in new and interesting directions, having read this thread I couldn't wait to experiment.

I just wanted to keep it simple and see what sort of shapes I could get, after initially just adding a mess of nodes all over the place I started again and created a simple ordered set (Clip attached), that would let me try the different combinations.

Volker that little group to create Pi is way cool  ;D

Here are some interesting shapes along with the node connections.  Nowhere nearly as advanced as where I guess you are but there may bo something in there  ;)

Volker I can't start to imagine how yopu got those oblong "cobbles".  :o

EDIT  Clip removed; fixed version further on   :-[
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

efflux

Wow, awesome work Mr_Lamppost.

These are so cool.

Mr_Lamppost

The first one is an effect that I have been wondering how to do for a while, I want it in one of my other projects  :)

That multi coloured cell idea looks interesting.

I mentioned elsewhere that I thought this should be possible, hadn't tried it, in connection with applying colour variation to a population.  I may be wrong but I suspect that the instances in a population are placed at the centres (Not sure if that is the correct term), of Voronoi cells.  As long as the instanced object is smaller than the cell it should be possible to use a Voronoi Cell shader with the same parameters (spacing, Seed etc.), as the population as a blend function allowing colour variation.  I have not tested this and am unlikely to find the time anytime soon especially if you keep distracting me with WOW things.  ;D

EDIT  removed broken clip   :-[

Sethren

These are quite clever. I wonder if you take Heightfield erode v3 to the "vori_test_4" you could have a type of Dome Dune/Network Dune.
Also take the mutli-colors to "vori_test_1" and you could have soft rounded river pebbles in a river bed.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Volker Harun on October 24, 2007, 04:54:04 PM
And it works very fine ... more to come later ...

Edit: Attached image

your work always fascinates me....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Mr_Lamppost

Third time lucky  This clip file has the missing node  ;D

Mr_Lamppost

Sethren:  The only way you will know is try it and see  ;D

Sethren

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on October 24, 2007, 11:08:03 PM
Sethren:  The only way you will know is try it and see  ;D

Agreed. I had to clean my PC out today with my air compressor with all the dust and ash in the air she is running hot and slow. Soon though.

efflux

Voronoi cell to merge two displacement shaders:

efflux

efflux

A bit off track but crazy voronoi sine distortions of position and scale, Fractals could be used: