Open Project: Voronoi

Started by Volker Harun, October 24, 2007, 06:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

I have no idea on where to place the Heightfield erode v3 in the Voronoi group.    ???

Volker Harun

Okay! As soon as I turn my back to have a nap, this thread goes wild - heh ;D

I love those results!

Mr.Lamppost, you might want to use a power scalar after your cos/sin functions ,-)

Efflux, ;D
and how do your cells work at larger distances to the origin?

Volker

Volker Harun

Efflux,
You should use the Vector A for the displacements and Vector B for the colouring, just plug a Luminance to Scalar node afterwards.
Use a colour adjust after the Vector B!

This turns out to become wonderful, one prob is to combine different scales of Voronois - for me ,-)

efflux

Yeah, that's the problem.

Everything is cool here and working. The pi thing is really cool. Lots of shapes. Mojo can do this but we still need all this built into a fractal in TG2. I will experiment with colouring but test rendering a few things at the moment. The masking of individual stones is not really possible (or at least not for displacement) because of the shapes we now have with the pi function but not a problem. There are other ways to weed out some stones. If we ever get a proper voronoi fractal then all this tweaking of the basis must be included.

Volker Harun

I do not use that Pi-Thing ,-)

Somewhere in the Image-section I found some useful stuff - you might be aquainted with ;D

The Nodes:

efflux

He he. This is exactly what I was thinking.  ;D

Some tests:

You see here in the second image how it's screwed up with the ray traced shadows. They go wrong with lots of geometry extremes but this should not be so. The little black patches.

efflux

Perlin fractal distortions of the voronoi of course but we want a voronoi fractal doing it's own distortions.

Volker Harun

They are nasty ... turning up AA helps a bit.

I'll go for the distortions, soon.

efflux

That new graph should be capable of some wild stuff.

My distortions are actually too much. I need to fine tune it a bit.

efflux

Distorted voronoi vector and cosine = Sand dunes. 8)

Volker Harun

I bet that Matt, Jo and Oshyan and those who stay undercover do say in chorus: 'At last!'

They must have been very patient with us ;D ;) :)

FrankB

Amazing stuff, guys. Respect!

cyphyr

You guys are really pushing the envelope on this, serious respect. Keep up the good work and PS bring on the macro facility so those of us with smaller brains (ie me :) ) can play too ;)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Volker Harun

Okay - for the Voronoi B Vector, use a Length to Scalar Converter, you will not need a colour adjust afterwards and everything is smoother.

efflux

OK, I will try that.

Here's another old trick brought in. Already discussed on the forum. ;)

Also, distorted voronoi B vector and sine and those nasty ray traced problems.

We've only just begun. ;D