Green Landscape

Started by pokoy, May 08, 2014, 10:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokoy

Started working on a new image. The rock comes from WM but I plan to make some adjustments to it and I also want to add a river on the left. The image is a bit colorful but it's a start.

archonforest

Awesome start! Love those white rocks and the perspective of the whole picture is just great. The feeling of the huge space is very cool. Cant wait to see the next step ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

Nice WM terrain, nice POV. Interested in where you go with this.

Oshyan

Very nice already. Good sense of scale.

- Oshyan

pokoy

I want to improve the sense of scale. Adding different populations and plants depending on height, more details on the main rock and some add small rocks and features on the hills. I have something quite complex and detailed on my mind, let's see how long it's going to take. IMO, this shot needs another element added, maybe a balloon or a small plane up in the air.

pokoy

I finally took some time to follow up on this one. After looking at the original render I decided to use a tele lens and try something different this time.
Attached is the new setup, I hope to improve it a lot, the camera view will likely change but in general I think I'm going with a similar composition and framing. I guess I'll also add an airplane so there's another element. The ground displacement and coloring also needs some work, trees placement, color variations etc.

The new path tracer really helps, too, loving it.

[attachimg=1]

archonforest

Oh lala..this is magnificent. It is a bit too dark here and there but still like it a lot!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

pokoy

Thank you! Yes, post production is a bit wild on this one, totally agree :D

cyphyr

Looks great, love the sense of depth.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bobbystahr

Love the PoV and basic idea, waiting on the final I am...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

Fantastic - considering this is just a WIP, especially the view into the distance...

RichTwo

I have rarely had much success with high altitude camera shots.  This one is quite good for a starter!
They're all wasted!

pokoy

Thank you all!

I have rendered a few different POVs and realized that I'll have to revisit and improve the rocks (they're made in WM) to get a good looking terrain in high res, and also investigate some looks in TG to look perfect (or the way I want them). I'm quite impressed with TGs versatility, but that also opens up millions of ways to achieve something and rendering tests takes a lot of time. Will keep you updated.