Issue with images on object

Started by iaminonsiner, January 23, 2019, 05:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaminonsiner

Hi !

Quick question for today :

Sometime, when I add an image on an object ( like sphere ), I have this :

[attach=1]

I feel like the image is splitting or something like that and It doesn't happen every time....

Do you know why and how can I fix that ?

Thank you and have a good day.

Dune

I think I've answered this before (but maybe to someone else); if you want to project an image onto a sphere it 1. needs to be an equirectangular image, and 2. it needs to have the same location as the sphere. So if you move the sphere, you need to update that position.

iaminonsiner

Quote from: Dune on January 24, 2019, 02:20:51 AM
I think I've answered this before (but maybe to someone else); if you want to project an image onto a sphere it 1. needs to be an equirectangular image, and 2. it needs to have the same location as the sphere. So if you move the sphere, you need to update that position.

Yes, you've already reply here, sorry : https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26186.15.html

But when you say equirectangular, I guess it's not possible to convert a normal image like my image below into an equirectangular image?

[attachimg=1]

Dune

I don't know if that's possible, but the equirectanguar image has to be 2:1 anyway. So you could resize the one posted to that ratio and try if it works in a sphere.

Works alright.