Recording your own voice - equipment question

Started by N-drju, January 24, 2019, 07:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Quote from: Oshyan on January 27, 2019, 03:44:35 PM
Again, I suggest you just get the USB mic. Don't worry about external sound card, it only complicates your entire system.

Ok. I am convinced. I am going to buy a USB system, insulate the environment (that includes thermal paste reapplication!) and put some soft blankets in the rear and front of my workstation.

But goddamit...! There is not even a single Blue vendor in my city. I can't believe it... Could you suggest any Shure substitutes for Yeti?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

Quote from: N-drju on January 28, 2019, 03:51:59 AM
Quote from: Oshyan on January 27, 2019, 03:44:35 PM
Again, I suggest you just get the USB mic. Don't worry about external sound card, it only complicates your entire system.

Ok. I am convinced. I am going to buy a USB system, insulate the environment (that includes thermal paste reapplication!) and put some soft blankets in the rear and front of my workstation.

But goddamit...! There is not even a single Blue vendor in my city. I can't believe it... Could you suggest any Shure substitutes for Yeti?

Can u just order it from Amazon?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

That means I will have to pay twice as much in shipping costs for it to fly over the Atlantic Ocean. ::) They can bite their @#&...

Besides, I was hoping to get a unit in my own region, so I can just return it to the shop within a matter of hours, not weeks...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

Hmmm...not sure.

I buy stuff from Amazon UK and I have little shipping cost usually.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

Quote from: archonforest on January 28, 2019, 05:03:15 AM
Hmmm...not sure.

I buy stuff from Amazon UK and I have little shipping cost usually.

Oh... I probably got redirected to American vendors...

Interestingly enough, Blue's products are completely inaccessible in my "native" Allegro. WTAF??? None are present.

EDIT: Or it might be my fossilized traditionalism of rejecting things like Facebook, Allegro or Snapchat. I finally found some of these suckers. ::)