Antelope Canyon AZ

Started by bobbystahr, January 28, 2019, 11:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This is a .ter file I tried when TG first came out and noticed it again...I think the AZ together attracts my eye. Anyhow having been in this for years now I took another crack at it...Liking it so far but spotted some 'tearing' in a few places. No idea why that is as I added no displacement to the DEM based .ter file, the foreground Pine Tree is by Walli, and both grass populations from Dune's free pack, ver, 5 and 10 and an XFROG Bishop Pine population on the cliffs. C&C as always is welcome....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice one, Bobby. Except voor the sky (too wild), and the trees on the scree slopes. I would move them down a bit. Some waterplants along the shores here and there?

mhaze

Definitely worth some more work - It's an excellent composition.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 29, 2019, 03:23:13 AM
Nice one, Bobby. Except voor the sky (too wild), and the trees on the scree slopes. I would move them down a bit. Some waterplants along the shores here and there?

Thanks Ulco...agree the sky was a [lace holder and the trees, well they're restricted by slope and there's not a lot of level landings..if I increase the slope many wind up 1/2 embedded in the cliff...and sigh, most of my good plants are stuck on the 'boat anchor'. Was going to get it finally to the shop today(might be a video card as at last start up couldn't find the monitor and went into a clicking cycle I'd not experienced yet)but it's -34 C./-29.4 F. as I type over morning coffee. My pal's auto refuses to start...wish I was actually in Antelope Canyon atm...at least I'd be warm
complaints over...sorry...it's the c c c c cold talking.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Minus 34  :o That's quite awful, though frost can be so beautiful. Indeed, better render nice desert-like scenes!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 29, 2019, 12:17:34 PM
Minus 34  :o That's quite awful, though frost can be so beautiful. Indeed, better render nice desert-like scenes!

that's a plan I have in mind heh heh...might help my 'interior' temps anyway!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

Nice composition, Bobby. Love the isolated tree.

–29 ℉? Actual temp, not windchill? Brr. We're expecting the Arctic Express to enter our area today, but I don't think we'll be seeing anything like that. Keep thinking warm!

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on January 29, 2019, 01:10:13 PM
Nice composition, Bobby. Love the isolated tree.

–29 ℉? Actual temp, not windchill? Brr. We're expecting the Arctic Express to enter our area today, but I don't think we'll be seeing anything like that. Keep thinking warm!

Thanks man...stil tweakin but got 2 CTDs in a row so will be moving to a suggested desert scene to warm my mind hee hee hee...Doin' my best...plan for today is stay indoors heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Turn off the cooling of your CPU and render away  ;D Keeps the house warm maybe.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 30, 2019, 02:18:48 AM
Turn off the cooling of your CPU and render away  ;D Keeps the house warm maybe.

warm in here....I have a high efficiency gas forced air set to 71 F. so it's comfortable. It's the going out part I'm avoiding...except for the Tues. Nite Jam I just returned from. But I was picked up and dropped off so the cold exposure was limited heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Hey what a nice strategy to keep the house warm :)
In my "Terragen-office" I have swiched radiator off... the cpu's do all the work ;D

I agree with the others ... some work on the clouds but the rest is a beautiful composition!

DannyG

I remember this terrain, from Chronor's old site I believe. Mimic above comment, very nice Bobby
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: DannyG on January 30, 2019, 08:25:01 AM
I remember this terrain, from Chronor's old site I believe. Mimic above comment, very nice Bobby

Thanks for that Danny, I've had it so long I forgot where it came from...thanks for the prop as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Feel the heat. Having some three dog nights here also! ;D
Good one!

bobbystahr

I googled Antelope Canyon AZ and got this link
https://sketchfab.com/models/c53e150ff9904a40b1973c0877d0dcfb

never knew it ended in a dam