Antelope Canyon AZ

Started by bobbystahr, January 28, 2019, 11:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well here tis with all suggestions applied and an added 'hero' tree to keep that lonely old pine company.  Both trees by Walli as well as the rush grass along the banks.Grasses as said before from Dune's free pack and the tree pop from XFROG.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

RichTwo

I'll agree it's a fine start, Bobby.  Yeah, tone down the altocumulus a tad.  But that's my kind of desert scene!
They're all wasted!

Dune

Developing fine, one of your better renders, Bobby. Keep it up. What I'd suggest is more patchiness in the water, and smaller patches (10-20m) so it seems water is quite still, but with smaller areas of wind blowing up small wavelets. Makes the reflection smoother also, which you can increase by using a reflective shader (smooth settings at 0.004). Also I'd suggest setting rotation to the shrub on top of the rocks. I often set rotation to 1, and angles to 10/10 or so.
The shore grasses are really nicely placed.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 31, 2019, 02:32:40 AM
Developing fine, one of your better renders, Bobby. Keep it up. What I'd suggest is more patchiness in the water, and smaller patches (10-20m) so it seems water is quite still, but with smaller areas of wind blowing up small wavelets. Makes the reflection smoother also, which you can increase by using a reflective shader (smooth settings at 0.004). Also I'd suggest setting rotation to the shrub on top of the rocks. I often set rotation to 1, and angles to 10/10 or so.
The shore grasses are really nicely placed.

" the shrub on top of the rocks."...there are only grass pops and the one tree pop...do you perhaps mean the greenery around the tree? that is grass 10.

crashing now but will check back when I get up
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Well I mean this stuff. The horizontal dark areas can be avoided, IMO.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 31, 2019, 02:45:21 AM
Well I mean this stuff. The horizontal dark areas can be avoided, IMO.

Yeah that was bugging me as well...that's Dune grass 5 by the way so I'll have to figure some other way to get rid of those. They've bugged me since I did em and no seed seemed to help.
Just did another test and got a CTD event...sigh.Will keep trying for another wee while before I move on to something else to refresh my brain...stuck in a rut it seems.
Still testing and it seems that the DEM contains strata displacement in those areas...
I could possibly raise the upper limit of the tree pop to mask that pattern out while keeping the veg density which I like

Rendering with raised tree pop atm and so far, so good..

Cancelled out of that as I'd forgotten to tweak the water...workin' on that now
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well here she is, I think I got it all......
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Looks very good now! I like it.

Dune

bobbystahr

Thanks guys.. was worth the effort...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on February 01, 2019, 10:47:29 AM
Nice!

Thanks, for me it's the 2 Walli hero type trees that made it pop for me...He's one talented veg modeler...and these he gave away...most generous....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New