Another voice-to-video related question...

Started by N-drju, January 30, 2019, 03:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Guys,

So let's say I have just recorded a set of audio files for my video. Some for narrator bits, others for each individual character.

Now, what software would you recommend to:

1. Add audio files to an MP4 video?
2. Add several audio files to the same exact time-stamp, without erasing previous inputs? (like several characters talking at the same moment or arguing passionately)
3. Hand-pick time-stamps where I would like the audio to be placed? (rather than having to synchronize my entire video for dozens of files or being forced to enter each time-stamp down to f$!#$ nanoseconds ::))
4. Use it for free? (pretty please)

Nice to have:

1. A vignetting or clipping option. In other words - to cut-off a top and bottom piece of the video. Alternatively, fill bottom and top with black rectangles (kind of like you see in cinemas).

Thank you for your help and time. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

digitalguru

Have you tried Davinci Resolve? It's a fully featured Non-Linear editor, with color grading and full audio mixer and best of all for the non studio version it's completely free :) (There is a paid version but that includes 4k output, noise reduction, and the Fusion compositor)

It does have a bit of a learning curve, but there are plenty of tutorials out on the web for it. Does need a higher spec graphics card if you are doing intense grading, but for mixing audio to picture should run well on most machines.

I think it beats programs like Premiere and Final Cut Pro hands down and all the more impressive that it's free.

Quote. Add audio files to an MP4 video?
Yes it can do MP4 and many other pro formats.

QuoteAdd several audio files to the same exact time-stamp
IIt can layer up to a 1000 audio tracks.

QuoteHand-pick time-stamps where I would like the audio to be placed?
I haven't gone too deeply into this myself but I think there are many tools for placing and syncing audio.

QuoteA vignetting or clipping option. In other words - to cut-off a top and bottom piece of the video

Yes, it's called Output Blanking

If you tried it and found you wanted the Pro Studio version, go to http://www.bmcuser.com - users who have bought two or more Blackmagic cameras sell off their extra dongles dirt cheap.

But the free version has probably got more than you'll want  :)

N-drju

Excellent. Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look over weekend. :)

At first glance it seems complicated indeed. But since I need just a couple of functions it shouldn't be too overwhelming either. And since it is free, I don't have to rush with learning it!

I actually found a way to layer several audio tracks over one another in Audacity, so I'll just do this task from there.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

Resolve was also going to be my recommendation. :D

- Oshyan