All these worlds...

Started by raymoh, February 03, 2019, 03:07:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

raymoh

Thank you! Like I mentioned in my opening post, I'm always anxious to be as "realistic" as possible in my renders. Only the landscapes itself are purely imaginative.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

raymoh

August 17, 2019, 03:50:21 am #31 Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 04:13:41 am by raymoh
Now here is an edited version of "Cherenkov's Planet". 3 layers of reflective/translucency shaders, raised the brightness, less fog and added some rays to one of the suns to accentuate the high radiation of this "flare event" that occurs to this red dwarf. Needed some render time.

Weird Worlds - Cherenkov's Planet.png

Hannes

Cool! The spikes look a bit like jade.

Agura Nata

raymoh

A render from my "archives", now  here on Planetside:

A stony plain covered with ice and snow on a supposed martian-sized moon of HD 220773 b, a gas giant a little more massive than Jupiter.
In about a ten year cycle most of the faint atmosphere of this moon is collapsing at apastron, due the highly eccentric orbit of its host planet. So the most of the visible snow and ice is the ,,condensed" atmosphere itself.
At periastron the atmosphere will ,,rebuild" to its normal martian-like state.
I presume that HD 220773 b has a thin ring of debris like Jupiter and we are admiring the ,,string of pearls", the exact ,,edge on"-moment of the ring. In a couple of minutes this spectacle is gone, like a solar eclipse.

HD 220773 b - Icy Moon.jpg