A Rescue file....

Started by bobbystahr, February 04, 2019, 11:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...wondering what y'all might suggest other than size and res...this is from 3 or 4 years back
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

mhaze

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 05, 2019, 03:16:29 AM
Try something new  ;)  :P

Oh I would but even this old DELL is limping along....sigh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

If you build from scratch and use as little nodes as possible, you can make good stuff that renders fast. Without compute terrain even better. I hardly ever use one.

I just meant that this render isn't really that interesting to pursue. Is my opinion, at least.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 05, 2019, 11:20:57 AM
If you build from scratch and use as little nodes as possible, you can make good stuff that renders fast. Without compute terrain even better. I hardly ever use one.

I just meant that this render isn't really that interesting to pursue. Is my opinion, at least.

I quite agree, just a bit depressed by a major snow fall that adds more every day and totally uninspired, even my music ain't doin' it for me lately...Suffering i think from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) due to overcast skies ...Bobby needs Sun, even if it's cold..that's why I live here as we've had for years till climate change, the most sunny days per year in Canada..at least a good samaritan friend came by with a snow blower and got rid of the 3 foot high drifts.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

cocateho26

Color variation, like  others have said. Needs some greens, fake grass or moss on the hillsides and probably some patches of dirt to break up the sameness of the rock. Maybe another pop of trees, not many but just enough o add some variation. The overall set up is good, just needs the details.

Dune

I know the depressing feeling when it's just grey and overcast. Not that it really affects me much, but I too prefer a nice sun over snow. It'll be spring in a while  ;)
Why not find an inspiring painting or (B&W!) photo on the web and try to do that in TG. Thinking how to get it done will take your mind off that greyness. Works for me.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 06, 2019, 02:24:57 AM
I know the depressing feeling when it's just grey and overcast. Not that it really affects me much, but I too prefer a nice sun over snow. It'll be spring in a while  ;)
Why not find an inspiring painting or (B&W!) photo on the web and try to do that in TG. Thinking how to get it done will take your mind off that greyness. Works for me.

I hear ya man...been using music(playing)as therapy and am just back from our Tues. Nite Jam. Feelin pretty good.
I do have a stash of to do some day photos, maybe that'll work.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

That site you linked to on Ulco's post had some really inspirational material......a boulder or two and one tree with dramatic atmo and terrain does wonders....

Keep at it, at least there are no mosquitoes...hehe ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 06, 2019, 10:56:33 AM
That site you linked to on Ulco's post had some really inspirational material......a boulder or two and one tree with dramatic atmo and terrain does wonders....

Keep at it, at least there are no mosquitoes...hehe ;D

we had almost no mossies last summer...too dry a spring..but I'll take 'em over this never ending shoveling of snow I'll tell you.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New