A couple of house models made in Blender

free conifer
masonspappy grass
my flower stuff
my shrub

House texture PF with displacement

Just having fun! :)

bobbystahr

Interesting houses but I might try another texture for the stucco walls, looks really wrong, maybe scaling if it's an image map. and maybe the U/V mapping is at fault. Also the foundation stones look too 'clean' or something like that. I'd try another map.
Keep on tweaking.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sboerner

Didn't medieval wall materials use rushes and reeds? In that case the texture looks right but maybe as Bobby says the scale and displacement is off slightly. Color looks good. I agree the foundations could be dirtied up a bit.

But maybe not . . . these are model homes, right? I'm picturing a big subdevelopment of 16th-century homes under construction, just off-camera, waiting for buyers. :D

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 07, 2019, 10:20:51 AM
Interesting houses but I might try another texture for the stucco walls, looks really wrong, maybe scaling if it's an image map. and maybe the U/V mapping is at fault. Also the foundation stones look too 'clean' or something like that. I'd try another map.
Keep on tweaking.
I was mostly trying for a more detailed structure, following a tutorial I saw. I saw similar structures 45 years ago in Europe, was going for a more 21st century version....Tried a different scale on stucco and fake stone foundation. I remember the dwellings with animal habitat underneath, even in the 'burbs a few blocks from the trolleys. :)

Quote from: sboerner on February 07, 2019, 02:47:39 PM
Didn't medieval wall materials use rushes and reeds? In that case the texture looks right but maybe as Bobby says the scale and displacement is off slightly. Color looks good. I agree the foundations could be dirtied up a bit.

But maybe not . . . these are model homes, right? I'm picturing a big subdevelopment of 16th-century homes under construction, just off-camera, waiting for buyers. :D

Yes, I was going more modern, but plots will be 5 acre minimum! ;D

Thanks for the C&C

bobbystahr

much more in scale, well done luvsmuzik
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sboerner

Dune

Most important to UV texture would be the beams and the roof. Stucco can easily be done in TG with some fractals and some bump through a transform shader (final position). Easily adaptable too. So any mapping would do for the stucco, even cubic in Poseray.

luvsmuzik

Okay.....I spent all week learning how to uv map...maybe now I can do something cool....hahahaha

I sort of like the PF stucco better ;D

wells2houses.jpg

sboerner

QuoteI spent all week learning how to uv map
Fun, isn't it? (Not everyone thinks so, but I just put the headphones on and map away, it's good therapy.)

Maybe dial back the brightness of the PF stucco, even out the pattern a bit. I agree that it could work as well or better than the image texture.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

masonspappy

Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 28, 2020, 11:39:18 PMOkay.....I spent all week learning how to uv map...maybe now I can do something cool....hahahaha
IF you like beating your head against a wall then you'll love UV Mapping.

But I'm sort of like Soboerner - turn on the ambient music and Map away.... :)

WAS

Could try my wood shaders for the beams. May not be too noticeable it's at wrong angle but give some knots impressions

luvsmuzik

Thanks all for the kind comments.

I am also trying to learn texture painting in Blender. I am trying to add face by face texture to objects adding special effects like grunge or rust or erosion...displacement look

In my lifetime I have probably made a million or so tileable jpgs just for fun, experimenting with filters for my painting programs. I want to try different texture brushes in Blender using noise other than just voronoi....

I thank all of you for enlightening me about normal, specularity, displacement, and color maps.....and how to use in Terragen

The fact that most share files and experiments is wonderful and a valuable means of education for at least one old duck.

DocCharly65

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 07, 2020, 10:19:23 AMI am also trying to learn texture painting in Blender.

I sometimes started but gave up... you have my respect!

sboerner

Anyone who can do anything in Blender has my respect.  :) Go for it!