Yet Another place....

Started by bobbystahr, February 09, 2019, 06:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

I'd rather be than here in the gawdamn snow...Started as a moss on fakestones test and turned into this image. C&C welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

This is really good, Bobby. I'm glad you started something new. Procedural moss I guess, and very nice! Homemade?

Maybe some shore reeds in some patches, and an occasional low bush, but don't overdo it...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 09, 2019, 08:21:54 AM
This is really good, Bobby. I'm glad you started something new. Procedural moss I guess, and very nice! Homemade?

Maybe some shore reeds in some patches, and an occasional low bush, but don't overdo it...

Thanks man and nope, used AP's moss 3.tgo and mixed in with your grass 3 I think which is masked by the fakestones. Yeah some reeds are due to arrive...and maybe a couple of foreground bushes. It's a Generate terrain, masked by the default SS shader keeping the default terrain where needed in the distance.
Just started on a sci fi scene as I finally got the Utopia models from kitbash...a bit of a struggle as I only have poseray to work with .obj's
Maybe I'll dl Bryce 7 again just to work with em. Have it installed on the boat anchor to my left heh heh...sigh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

AP moss. Never actually used that. Looks really good.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 09, 2019, 09:22:59 AM
AP moss. Never actually used that. Looks really good.

His stuff is always worth exploring
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Shore additions are just right. I would perhaps relocate the shrub very close around the tree. Painted shader or simple shape as mask. Some high grass and perhaps some flowers and some shrub right around that tree.

archonforest

Nice one bobby. Agree with Dune's last suggestions. 
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 10, 2019, 02:21:08 AM
Shore additions are just right. I would perhaps relocate the shrub very close around the tree. Painted shader or simple shape as mask. Some high grass and perhaps some flowers and some shrub right around that tree.

I suspect the dell is done with this as she only has 8 G RAM and i had to hide everything to do the 2 pops of different shore weeds and those bushes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New