Souls in moons

Started by Khaouel, February 11, 2019, 10:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaouel

hello guys !

Just done this, any advice to give please :)

about lighting, plants population,..

i'm digging to make it more light/clear, but still have dark ambiance.

i have a big problem with ''obj.'', often textures are not in , don't know why.
some times i put in the node of the obj a color layer.

Can i find somewhere something about how terragen works with them?

archonforest

Welcome!
Nice idea you have there. If you want to make it lighter just try to decrease the coverage or the density of the clouds.

Free Obj files often come with no textures. If the textures are missing you have to do it yourself but that will require some knowledge. You cannot create textures in Terragen. For that you might need Blender or other 3D package. Blender is free though.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

Texture paths often have to be changed in an editor like Poseray after being exported. OBJ format works in Poseray.
Load to Poseray
Materials : adjust,correct, apply each material Check specularity (decrease, as usually too high) Apply specularity. Check UV mapping if applicable

Export and overwrite existing mtl. Keep OBJ files seperate directory than tgo. (Less confusion)

Load to Terragen as OBJ and load texture images or color....check specularity

Good luck!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 13, 2019, 10:02:41 AM
Texture paths often have to be changed in an editor like Poseray after being exported. OBJ format works in Poseray.
Load to Poseray
Materials : adjust,correct, apply each material Check specularity (decrease, as usually too high) Apply specularity. Check UV mapping if applicable

Export and overwrite existing mtl. Keep OBJ files seperate directory than tgo. (Less confusion)

Load to Terragen as OBJ and load texture images or color....check specularity

Good luck!

and here's a link for PoseRay

https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist