Moonlight

Started by Dune, February 12, 2019, 02:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I had a go at a sunset, with an additional moon lighting the scene. Trying to find the best v3 cloud settings to have a good glow. I just have to get rid of the sun glow circle in the low mist (shadows of objects) in a next iteration. And to see if ambient occlusion would be better to get a bit bluer light to all ground stuff.

Kadri

Nice. Looks different then your other work to me.

bobbystahr

Good one man, keep us posted...that blue moonlight is a bugger to get right.. AO on Surfaces may well be the route to go. Hadn't thought of that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Definitely dark on Mac devices. Waiting for adjustments. Looks like a nice scene, however, on PC monitor. :)

mhaze

Excellent sky! The rest seems a little dark but probably authentic.

Dune

Yes, I was struggling with the light. Too light in front and it's no evening. This should best be watched in dark space and on black and without  8)

mhaze

I had to switch monitors to see it properly!

sboerner

Lighting looks good here (viewed on a Mac and calibrated monitor, slightly dimmed room lighting). There's much going on in this picture and it's worth spending some time with it.

So interesting to watch different artists experiment with backlighting, atmospherics, and other challenging lighting conditions lately.

Was this a standard or path traced rendering?

Jo Kariboo

The light effect approaching the semi-darkness is very well executed!

Dune

Thanks guys. This was RT, I didn't have the 'guts' to do it in PT yet. Maybe first work some more on it. I'm thinking about a way to contain the smoke within the house, but letting it stream out at front top. This was more like a lucky seed and some moving around.

DocCharly65

Very nice lighting. Curious to the next iteration!