My Painted shader Canyon...

Started by bobbystahr, February 16, 2019, 08:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...to the series of canyon renders that have been appearing. I give my thanks for the inspiration. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice one. Trees and grass sit very nicely in the terrain. I like the left area where there seems to be a 'path'. You could put some people there. I would give the water a more milky or green color, with this rugged water coming from the mountains.. More foam perhaps, and I would make a wet shore line.

archonforest

This is very nice bobby. Yes the water needs some handling. I would just smooth it out so its looks like a lake.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 17, 2019, 01:49:53 AM
Nice one. Trees and grass sit very nicely in the terrain. I like the left area where there seems to be a 'path'. You could put some people there. I would give the water a more milky or green color, with this rugged water coming from the mountains.. More foam perhaps, and I would make a wet shore line.

Thanks man, all good ideas and will try and implement them but this DELL is a trying computer...soooo slooow
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Very nice image, Bobby! Cool and refreshing.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on February 17, 2019, 12:14:45 PM
Very nice image, Bobby! Cool and refreshing.

thanks Hannes, necessary in this snow blighted part of the world...just to maintain visual sanity.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

luvsmuzik

So much to like about this one! Refreshing image!  :)

bobbystahr

Well this took a left turn didn't it. I like the fog as it helps the depth of the image found the picnic table at sketchup warehouse and the bike somewhere long ago that will be in the next iteration with better water.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

lat 64

Whoa! that water made me chuckle. The rest is super great though. I always try to have some haze in my renders. It seems to give realism.
The lake looks like some trapped catchment in a rift or volcanic crater. I think archonforest's suggestion to just leave it calm is good. Those kind of lakes would be coffee-colored from the tannin from all the dead organics dropped in over the years.

Two thumbs up,

Russ
I'm a half century plus ten yrs old. Yikes!

bobbystahr

Quote from: lat 64 on February 21, 2019, 12:54:41 PM
Whoa! that water made me chuckle. The rest is super great though. I always try to have some haze in my renders. It seems to give realism.
The lake looks like some trapped catchment in a rift or volcanic crater. I think archonforest's suggestion to just leave it calm is good. Those kind of lakes would be coffee-colored from the tannin from all the dead organics dropped in over the years.

Two thumbs up,

Russ

Thanks, I as well wasn't happy with the aqua and did revisit this but only did a crop render and the forgot about it next morning...will do an update later as I got some very appropriate water.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I like the new water!  Nice render Bobby!

-Derek

bobbystahr

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on February 21, 2019, 09:35:47 PM
I like the new water!  Nice render Bobby!

-Derek

Thanks Derek, found an old unfinished project with possibilities so I'm working o that atm but will re do this render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

It seems I hit some switch or other that has caused my render tome to stretch to maybe 5 times what it was but here's a crop at 13hrs16min.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"