Summertime - log cabin and hay rake

Started by masonspappy, February 23, 2019, 11:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Officially retired from my day job 2 weeks ago and diving deeper into 3D modeling (and my wife says I need to stay out of her hair.   ;)  )

Finished the log cabin V2.0 and thought the image needed "something else". Hence the antique hay rake.  It's one thing to create 3D models but something else entirely (PITA) to create them to Turbosquid specifications.  Re-using a base tgd from a few years ago because it seemed to have a quiet, summertime feel to it.

As always, C&C's welcomed. 

Kevin F

Really nice image here. Love the hay rake (used one just like it). My only crit is the cleanness of everything, especially the cabin. Looks like a show house and not lived in with dirt and grime. Know what I mean?

masonspappy

Quote from: Kevin F on February 23, 2019, 12:38:14 PM
Looks like a show house and not lived in with dirt and grime. Know what I mean?

Thanks. Yes, I do know what you mean about the cabin looking "too clean". 
Working on a way to 'grunge it up' a bit...

Kevin F

Yeah, just make it lived in. That's the problem with most CGI stuff, it looks too perfect. Real life is dirty, gritty and worn. Just very hard to achieve realistic results. Great potential in your scene though.

Dune

A little PF+transform into the color input does wonders, or an additional surface shader under the default with some percentage covering of dirt color and a PF+Transform to mask. And even a PF + transform with some minor displacement into the input of the default has nice effects sometimes.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Agura Nata

Since you want to go on vacation, very nice!
"Live and Learn!"

DocCharly65

For me the clean look doesn't matter too much but on the bright upper parts of the cabins wood logs it's in fact a bit disturbing.

But anyway a nice cabin in a nice environment :)
When is your catalog ready to choose a cabin for my retirement age? :)

Quote from: Dune on February 24, 2019, 01:56:31 AM
A little PF+transform into the color input does wonders, or an additional surface shader under the default with some percentage covering of dirt color and a PF+Transform to mask. And even a PF + transform with some minor displacement into the input of the default has nice effects sometimes.

Something I must try too on some scenes :)

bobbystahr

Congrats on yer retirement...I retired right out of High School I've been told, but officially by govt. standards 5 years ago and am enjoying my pension such as it is...Great updates on the cabin and a great rake...as everyone else has commented dirty it up more, especially on the grout/chinking between the logs.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

That's a beauty! Looks like the occupants of this little dwelling are extremely tidy, indeed :)

RichTwo

I'll agree that the cabin, though nicely detailed is a tad on the pristine side.  You probably know more about how to work on that than I ever will.  Enjoy your retirement (like I am doing now!) and try to stay out of the missus' hair...
They're all wasted!

masonspappy

I hear ya. That cabin definitely needs to get (broken) down and dirty.  ;)

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram