Lincoln Highway

Started by Dune, February 25, 2019, 08:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Something I'm doing for Dorian....

Hannes

Wow, the road surface looks superb! The only thing that looks somehow incorrect is the quite narrow width of the track compared to the shoulder (didn't know that it's a "shoulder"!)

archonforest

Indeed!
Love the road surface.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Kevin F

Now that's a gritty image! Love the textures. Great work as always.

Dune

I'll make some changes but here's the reference from above and eyelevel. The shoulder is quite wide, actually. I measured it, so it should be correct. But I added some more detail to that otherwise dull road.

Dune

Updated with the whitish patchy areas (whatever they are) and some bush. Oh yeah, and the 'anti-sleep bumps'.

Hannes

Ah, I see. Thanks for the details, Ulco.
Funny, that reality sometimes looks somehow wrong. Like when you see some real clouds in the sky, and you say to yourself, I would not be happy with those in TG, because they look fake.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

zaxxon

Really nice texturing throughout; I like the subtle reflections on the side of the car and the wide open sense of space. Excellent as always!

sboerner

QuoteUpdated with the whitish patchy areas (whatever they are) and some bush. Oh yeah, and the 'anti-sleep bumps'.

Terrific road surface. Bushes may be a little too large, too regularly spaced. I've been back and forth on this highway many times between Chicago and Denver, not further west though. I'm guessing your location is just west of Salt Lake City? Bonneville Salt Flats, which might explain the whitish patches.

bobbystahr

I'm with the whireish patches being some kind of salt...you see them some places in Saskatchewan up here in Canada
Friggin great image...Dorian will be well pleased.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Thanks guys. Yes, Steve, you're right. Its'right here: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7279288,-113.3665787,3a,60y,79.58h,84.44t/da
ta=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7B3D3hWE_grqMhIIBmOxhA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

And indeed, Dorian is pleased. Bush size will be decreased too, and some changes need to be made to have it look good from above too. This will turn into a really cool animation, so hold your breath....  ;)

DocCharly65

Oh wow... something so different - impressive! :)

Are the fences populations with zero rotation?
Also so cool are the rectangular prints in the asphalt next to the road - I guess they are procedural?