Upcoming tutorials

Started by geekatplay, February 26, 2019, 12:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekatplay

I am working on the new tutorials: focus on creating DEM based terrains and exporting them into Unreal engine and Unity.
Suggestions welcome.

zaxxon

Hi Vladimir! Great to hear you're putting some more tutorials together.  I've purchased all of your past TG tutorials and have benefited from your insights.  I am curious as to whether you're going to create landscapes from DEM's in TG and then export them into UE4 and Unity. That would be very cool if it means building and texturing the terrains with TG's tools and then exporting the results into UE and Unity as I haven't had much success with that. If you are intending to use TG in that way I'd be very interested.

WAS

Quote from: zaxxon on March 07, 2019, 11:41:11 PM
Hi Vladimir! Great to hear you're putting some more tutorials together.  I've purchased all of your past TG tutorials and have benefited from your insights.  I am curious as to whether you're going to create landscapes from DEM's in TG and then export them into UE4 and Unity. That would be very cool if it means building and texturing the terrains with TG's tools and then exporting the results into UE and Unity as I haven't had much success with that. If you are intending to use TG in that way I'd be very interested.

I agree with Zaxxon here. This would be a interesting and beneficial use of TG.

If you mean just exporting DEM based terrain to Unreal/Unity, it may be best just to use a program more aimed for that like World Machine. You'll get your results quicker with editing and erosion controls.