Tried using a Density shader...

Started by bobbystahr, March 02, 2019, 03:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...in my fog. Had never tried that as it was recommended to turn the fractal off for fog but it does give a nice effect. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice setup and rays. The tree trunks are a bit angular. You could try doubling polys in Poseray. Split the object in trunk and 'the rest', dump the rest (hide, delete hidden) and subdivdie the trunk, then go to import again, choose the object you just loaded again and hit 'merge'. The you have the trunk twice, but you delete the one from the initial object. Save (under different name). You have to go through the TG change to tgo again.

Agura Nata

Well done like, I the mood and nice tip from Dune :)
"Live and Learn!"

mhaze

bobbystahr

Here's a comparison...don't see much difference...seems shorter seeing it here.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

You'll see it better when zooming in on those straight angles. I think it's better.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 03, 2019, 09:59:17 AM
You'll see it better when zooming in on those straight angles. I think it's better.

I'll take your word for it...I'm a bit in the ozone with house expenses and have lost a bit of focus.

Doing a re render...see y'all in a few hours heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

How's this Ulco the finnpine03.obj went from 18.6M to 160.5M with SubD and down to 62 M as a .tgo conversion so render times increased a bit to 3:01  from 2:39
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: DannyG on March 03, 2019, 06:10:21 PM
That sky is epic for sure Bobby.

Thanks man, I was pleased with how it turned out. A nice balance tween light and shadow I find.The trick is keeping a Density fractal plugged into the fog cloud, I used the same Density fractal from the sky cloud for both...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Wow, those are heavy trees. They already were and then with such a angular trunk....mmmm. Did you see how heavy the trunk was in relation to the needle parts? Needle parts can be heavy, but it's just the trunk that needed refinement, so it shouldn't be almost 10x bigger. Can you send me the obj? Or is it free from somewhere where I don't have to register? I can have a look and make some adjustments.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 04, 2019, 01:32:12 AM
Wow, those are heavy trees. They already were and then with such a angular trunk....mmmm. Did you see how heavy the trunk was in relation to the needle parts? Needle parts can be heavy, but it's just the trunk that needed refinement, so it shouldn't be almost 10x bigger. Can you send me the obj? Or is it free from somewhere where I don't have to register? I can have a look and make some adjustments.

I'll send you the original .lwo
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

sboerner

Love those rays. Nice work, Bobby.

DocCharly65

I like the mood and overall look very much!
(A little bit I have a personally taste - problem with the sinus shape of the trees, but if I imagine the scene as extraterrestial, I can accept teir look ;)  )