Alpine

Started by Dune, March 03, 2019, 02:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks Russ, much appreciated.

The way I do this may not be the most natural/realistic, as the areas of rounded soft snow is by PF mask and not derived from mountain shapes, but I think it's quite appealing anyway.
First one is an updated version of v3, second one (v4) is with just a different 'snow fractal seed'.

Again, no compute anything used, so the big one renders in an hour at 0.7 and AA 8, soft shadows at 5 samples.

mhaze

Dune

Next. With some cracks.

EDIT: and some mistakes....

cocateho26

Getting closer and closer though. I love the feel of depth with the big snow patches (glaciers?).

Dune

This is the idea (photo  ;))

mhaze

Much better, just the wrinkles to sort? Great lanscape! really like the trees and mist.

Dune

No, I had to stretch the snow mask in Y to get rid of stones on the snow. Forgot, because earlier I had that initial mask already stretched, but something else worked better when the initial mask wasn't.
Two new tries....

bobbystahr

Test 3 is getting there...all are beautiful although they're snow and I'm loathe to call it beautiful at this time of winter.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

Extremely impressive stuff from the TG Maestro again. I love Test 2 with the crevices. Just fantastic. I can't even approach this level of realism. Hope that results in another NWDA package ;)

DocCharly65

Epic, Ulco, epic!
My favorite area is the part top left with the partly snowy rocks and the breakages in the snow!