Woods and flowers

Started by cocateho26, March 04, 2019, 09:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocateho26

Started off as a woodland scene but I thought the flower color turned out really good so I focused in on that. Been a while since I played with depth of field.

archonforest

Very nice! A bit dark imho.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

Quote from: archonforest on March 04, 2019, 09:40:04 AM
Very nice! A bit dark imho.
Ditto! Very well done! Maybe lighten it a tad, not too much?

cocateho26

Upped the brightness a little. Must be a difference in monitors, doesn't seem particularly dark on my end. Glad y'all like it!

Dune

Very nice render! I think it's a bit subdued in tone as well, but it's very appealing nonetheless. Maybe some more reflections on the leaves and some highlighted ares (maybe even raindrops), can give it some 'sparkle'.

DocCharly65

Absolutely marvelous!

Ulcos idea with the raindrops is really good, too!

mhaze

Super image, ditto raindrops.

René

What I like best is the color scheme. Basically two colors, red and green and combinations of those two. Works very well.

luvsmuzik

Very nice! Is this the prairie rose tgo? DOF very well done! :)

cocateho26

Quote from: Dune on March 05, 2019, 01:54:30 AM
Very nice render! I think it's a bit subdued in tone as well, but it's very appealing nonetheless. Maybe some more reflections on the leaves and some highlighted ares (maybe even raindrops), can give it some 'sparkle'.

I remember the topic of raindrops or dew on leaves coming up a long time ago, thought it was interesting but never actually tried it out.Can't say I have much idea how to go about that other than maybe a map for the reflectivity?

luvsmusik - It is indeed the prairie rose!One of my favorite tgo's although I don't use it enough.

Dune

If it's one object in front you could try a population of raindrops, otherwise indeed a very small dotty mask with some bump and high reflectivity on the leaves.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 05, 2019, 08:49:02 AM
Very nice! Is this the prairie rose tgo? DOF very well done! :)

yup for sure. That's a model Walli made for me when he solicited models to make when he was bored...looking great here although in real life it's a bloody weed on the prairies, only good for a week when you harvest the petals to make Rose Wine...LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

Beautiful! I like the dew idea if you can incorporate that.

sboerner

Depth of field nicely separates the subject from the background. Beautiful rendering, though I agree it looks a bit dark. Highlights look fine but shadows are blocked up. If you didn't use path tracing, would you consider trying it? Might open up the shadows a bit.

cocateho26

So did a test on another object to try the raindrop idea. I ended up merging a raindrop texture onto the leaf picture to make a mask. Works okay, took some tweaking to get it looking semi natural.