Some Dutch landscapes

Started by Dune, March 13, 2019, 03:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Reduced finals of some of my work. Medieval stuff. Enjoy.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on March 13, 2019, 03:10:01 AM
Reduced finals of some of my work. Medieval stuff. Enjoy.

I do, I really do :)
I am fascinated of everything of the details... the second one is a little bit more my personal taste but both are marvelous!

mhaze

Celestial

That first one really reminds me of Van Gogh landscapes, I suppose it's not surprising  :D

Wow, just looked at the large version of the second image, that's amazing.

My personal taste, always, would be to have the scenes without the human figures.  I think they distract from the beauty of the landscapes because your eye is immediately drawn to them.

Dune

Well, the final renders are a bit bigger, but I can't post those. Here's some crops at 100%.

These are commissions, and they wanted people in it to give the landscape more life. I can understand that from an educational point of view. I like landscapes without people too, though sometimes one or two figures can give great perspective, and sense of scale. Or a mood of loneliness, or tranquility.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

zaxxon

Very lovely pastoral imagery, beautifully composed with wonderful attention to detail. I really enjoy looking at the small items of interest, the little bird sitting on the windmill's arm was just perfect and natural. Great work Ulco!

bobbystahr

I'm with Doug on this,"I really enjoy looking at the small items of interest, the little bird sitting on the windmill's arm", and also I find your stuff educational as I'd never seen that method of getting a boat from one area of water to another...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sboerner

QuoteI am fascinated of everything of the details... the second one is a little bit more my personal taste but both are marvelous!

Agree with this. To me the most fascinating aspect of these images (and much of your work, Ulco) is how it shows emerging societies using technology to create and manage the landscape.

The original Dutch settlers brought their know-how to New York and were the first to build canals and alter river courses along the Hudson and Mohawk valleys here. Everything is connected . . .

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Thank you guys. I love working on these kind of images, as it involves building the items needed and composing it all in TG. Final big renders finalizing in TG are always thrilling moments. And as you said, it's very educational, for me too.
Btw. the top one is 13th century, the bottom one a 17th century windlass.

Kadri

Great images Ulco. I like the second one a bit more too.

Celestial

I love examining the textures, grasses etc..  I don't know how on earth you do it.