Mountain track (again)

Started by Dune, March 14, 2019, 02:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Tried my hand again at some mountain road. Still very much a WIP. No compute terrain, so rendered in 25mins or so.

Celestial

I love this.  From the thumbnails I thought it was a cliff by the sea.  The footprints in the snow are v convincing  :o

cyphyr

When I was in Vancouver last year there was a trail leading from Grouse Mountain just like this. The only difference being the slopes were covered with tall dense conifers.
Great work as usual :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

mhaze

Beautifully Done - there are trails like this in the Dolomites.

Dune

He's getting better. I added some more structure on the sloping right, a gully across the track, and Jochen's landrover will be there! And trees.

masonspappy

Done well enough to bring out my (Intense) fear of heights.

Dune

;D

Some errors in warping the path and not its snow, though.

Dune

j meyer

Gorgeous.
Another great 'Death Road'.
No problem for a Landy, though, hopefully. ;)
Is that other car a 2CV ?

Dune

Yes. But I like your landrover MUCH better!

I placed a 3 corner fractal warped SSS across the track to make a gully, then the primitive bridge across it. I hope it's strong enough  ;)

This would be cool as train track as well. Might do that.....

inkydigit

Fabulous work as ever Ulco,
The 2cv looks like it's only wide enough for one!
LR110 is much better!
:)

mhaze

Stormlord

A really beautiful image.

What I see so often is that in cars, airplanes or other vehicles nobody sits inside.
I have often camouflaged it by making a reflection in the window or turning the vehicle a little bit, so that a virtuell driver sits behind an angle or shaded window.
But nevertheless, a wonderfull landscape with a great pathway in the mountian (looks really beautifull!)

STORMLORD

Kadri

I like "Mountain path_13-03-19-low final.jpg" especially.

Dune

I actually thought about putting someone inside, or placing someone outside the car, checking on the sturdyness of that bridge, but didn't come to it.