Terrain combination?

Started by cajomi, December 04, 2007, 11:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

@cajomi - Bring the tutorials on.  I own GC1 now and want to make the best of GC1 and GC2 in TG2.  Bringing GeoControl into a TG2 light will help me and a lot of other people, present customers GeoControl and TG2 or future customers.  I see a lot of potential in this.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Matt

Johannes: The next update will not make any changes that would invalidate the current workflow, although we do have improved ability to preview shaders in separate views and transparency is coming soon.

dhavalmistry: The changes to the Lake object that I mentioned would be in addition to the current capabilities. The ability to do things at a "low level" by capitalising on the way the renderer works, as we do now, will always be there, even if there are simpler ways of doing things in future. The only thing that might affect that is that in the long term future of Terragen we plan to release a separate version that does not have so much access to the "Deep" feature set, but that will only happen when we have developed simpler ways to achieve most everyday tasks.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

cajomi

Well, so I hope I get that done in between two weeks (the first tut!).
Developer of GeoControl

rcallicotte

Perfect. 

I understand you're busy with the GC2 release, nevertheless.

Quote from: cajomi on December 06, 2007, 12:09:06 AM
Well, so I hope I get that done in between two weeks (the first tut!).
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

peejay

"although we do have improved ability to preview shaders in separate views and transparency is coming soon."

hey that's good news. But what I want, what I really really want is to Import models without the 16 shader limit - please - huh? - pretty please with jam on top?  ::)
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

neon22

Well I'm having a ball with GC2 and then rendering in TG2. Its fantastic :-)

Using BigBen's layer masking approach http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1301.msg12986#msg12986 and masks exported from GC2.

Here's an image from the test files on Cajomi's site.

Tangled-Universe

That looks pretty awesome neon :)
Those masks seem to work very well!

I'm looking forward to see your tutorials Johannes  ;D

neon22

Thanks but most of it is from a single mask - sedimentation (generated by GC2) - and using multiple colour_adjust shaders to clip out successive regions.
The two other maps (supplied by Cajomi) are for the road and the road border - I did some merging and inverting to make soft borders for the stones along the roadside to use as density masks for the fake stones.

(the parts where the road cuts into the hillside were done with a surface shader using this roadside mask and terrain steepness.)