California Schemin'

Started by RichTwo, March 19, 2019, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

A few years ago, I took the Amtrak rail out of Denver to San Francisco.  That took us through the Rockies (absolutely gorgeous!), the deserts in Utah and Nevada, and finally through the Sierras in California.  This presentation is thus inspired by those imposing multicolored bluffs and spires and outcrops.  But it hardly does it justice.  I truly love the terrain of the American Southwest.
They're all wasted!

archonforest

Very nice render. Love the colors and the overall mood here. Two thumbs up.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

It's a really beautiful landscape!

bobbystahr

echo the others, very captivating...takes you there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Oh heck yeah! Only issue I see is possibly stretched/blurry photo texture (the cracks), that also does not appear to have any real dimension (i.e. actual 3D cracks). I'd suggest a procedural alternative if you can manage it. Otherwise a great image though.

- Oshyan

RichTwo

Quote from: Oshyan on March 25, 2019, 03:28:14 PM
Oh heck yeah! Only issue I see is possibly stretched/blurry photo texture (the cracks), that also does not appear to have any real dimension (i.e. actual 3D cracks). I'd suggest a procedural alternative if you can manage it. Otherwise a great image though.

- Oshyan

Hm - I see what you mean about the cracks.  They are procedurally produced, but I may have the Color Adjust a little "tight".  They would have more softness at the edges with more difference between the black / white levels.  I will have to look into that - thanks!
They're all wasted!