Morning Sun (WIP)

Started by sjefen, March 20, 2019, 01:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormlord

Both pictures are looking really impressive, I'm downloading Gaea now and will have a closer look on it!
Question, did you render the pictures in Terragen or did you use GAEA to render them?

[attachimg=1]
My Version, made in Terragen 0.91

STORMLORD

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Hannes

Fantastic, Terje! The only crit from me is, the water looks a bit too rough to my eyes. Makes it look a bit out of scale. Otherwise incredibly photoreal.

DocCharly65

Same from me! An almost photorealistic and beautiful scene.

Perhaps a little work on the water as Hannes said. The waves in the foreground seem really a bit big for the general scale but I like the distribution of windless parts on the lake surface.

sjefen

Quote from: Rich2 on March 24, 2019, 03:31:54 PM
Well, it still looks fantastic! (oh, deer - where are you?)

Hehe! I removed it for now. Used it not to long ago in a another scene anyway. Who knows, it may reappear  ;)

Quote from: Stormlord on March 24, 2019, 03:47:19 PM
Both pictures are looking really impressive, I'm downloading Gaea now and will have a closer look on it!
Question, did you render the pictures in Terragen or did you use GAEA to render them?

[attachimg=1]
My Version, made in Terragen 0.91

STORMLORD

I don't think Gaea has the ability to render. Only to preview the terrain, so I'm using Terragen for rendering.

I'll work some more on the water, but I usually get some strange reflection patterns if the wave scale is too small.

I'll also work some more on the shorelines.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

I think I prefer the 2nd version. The color is more realistic, less garish. The violet shadows in the first one in particular seemed odd to me. I also agree the water seems a bit rough. But otherwise it's a gorgeous image!

- Oshyan

lat 64

Quote from: sjefen on March 23, 2019, 10:17:59 AM
Quote from: lat 64 on March 22, 2019, 01:56:38 AM
Can you make snow patches on just the "North" faces?

I'm not sure what you're asking?
The snow is a mask from Gaea.

- Terje

I was just wondering if(hoping that) there is a way to put snow patches on the shady side of the mountain. That's the Northside for us in the Northern hemisphere.

Keep on the good work,
Russ

I'm a half century plus ten yrs old. Yikes!

Dune

There is a way, Russ, but it's not perfect. I would like to have an 'angle shader' that can be softened to cover a whole mountain side, instead of all tiny sides within, say, a northern slope. The latter can be obtained by using a 'get normal (in texture)' and a 'convert blue' or 'red to scalar'. Adding a 'rotate Y vector' for , well, rotation of that normal.

sjefen

Another update...

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

archonforest

what an update!  Great looking scene. Two thumbs up man. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Some how the church seems out of place to me, but still a lovely render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Matt

I have tweeted it. I hope you don't mind!
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Gorgeous image indeed! The church architecture (mainly the tower, I guess) somehow does not seem quite right for the area, in my mind. But the rest of the building works. Seems a bit nit-picky, but hopefully it's a helpful comment. :D

- Oshyan