Hmmm_Doughnuts

Started by Mr_Lamppost, October 27, 2007, 12:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

Just a bit of silliness using a modified Voronoi 3D A vector as a blend on some clouds.

The foreground is an eroded Voronoi heightfield.  I am not massively impressed with this :-[  OK it's rubbish :D  but the clouds are the thing.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

dhavalmistry

yes...love the clouds....what were the render times like???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

LOL.  Cool.

[Edit] I just realized that these smoke rings are an indication that Gandolph is not for away. [/Edit]
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

Render time just under 6 hours on 1.8 Ghz Celeron.

2048 X 1020
Quality 0.5
GI 2/2

Atmo. samples 64
Cloud samples 48

Combining all the function calculations into a single scalar then using that as the Mix Controller for a Blend Shader, blending between a constant zero and a Cloud Density Fractal is much quicker than using the functions in the Density Fractal directly.  Found that from njen's Spotty Alto clip.   ;)

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2344.msg22928;topicseen#msg22928

j meyer

Good idea!
And btw thanks for posting that vori-fun file.

Seth

efflux

I like the clouds. Their texture look real but the shapes are crazy which is great. I want to try some weird stuff with clouds but haven't yet due to impatience at render times.

old_blaggard

Well done!  Clever idea ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Harvey Birdman

It needs a big cloud Homer Simpson.   :D

Mr_Lamppost

Thanks for the comments  :)

I was just messing around but there is probably potential in those clouds if I can find my way through the adjustments and blends. Who knows I may even be able to do the elusive banded Alto (Mackerel sky)  ;)

I am distracted at the moment by something VERY WRONG  ::)