Can Not Delete Internal Network Node - Parts shader within Obj Reader Node

Started by D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet), April 08, 2019, 11:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

It  is indeed and exactly not meant to be replaced, because it is derived automatically from the object upon load and there are no tools built-in to Terragen to edit or recreate those things.

- Oshyan

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

OK, my main reason for trying to remove/delete a Parts shader was because I wanted to make some materials I could copy and paste to other objects, and also use some materials from the Planetside share that come as tgc or tgd files.  How Do I hook up previously prepared materials is mainly what I need to know.

-Derek

Matt

If you know that the parts names (e.g. material names in the OBJ) will be the same for all objects, you can point all object to the same Parts Shader. You could copy that Parts Shader to the root of the network and I think it should still work.

In situations like this, you can avoid spending lots of time in context menus by remembering that node connections are simply text that you can copy from one properties window to another. So you might put your Parts Shader in the root of the network, and paste "/Parts shader 01" into the Surface Shader field of the object.

Connecting to a shader outside of the object might prevent you from saving the whole package as a TGO, if that's important to you.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Thanks Matt/Oshyan,

I'll try this and see how it goes.  Sounds like I was trying to do some things in the network view/node graph that could have been done more easily with a simple Copy-Paste operation.  I've been using PoseRay and manually editing MTL files for quite some time, so getting the MTLs set up beforehand should be pretty easy.

Thanks!

-Derek