First Render in Six Years – Simple Seascape

Started by GemedetAdept, August 14, 2022, 11:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GemedetAdept

Hello! I just picked up Terragen again after six years of not using it, and I'm already getting excited over it again! I was told that you folks like seeing renders from those of us who are re-learning it or learning it for the first time — so here I am!

Below, I'll include a render of mine from 2016 as a comparison to where I'm at now. I honestly remember a lot more of the program than I thought I would've, but I still have much to relearn. The main area I want to get stronger in is shading and implementing features like rocks and grass. Still, though, I think this turned out decently well!

2016 render (including an Anaconda from the game Elite: Dangerous, which I edited in with Paint.Net):

And here's my render from yesterday!

I'm looking forward to getting back up to speed and engaging with the community here!

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Cool of you to rejoin our community! A lot has changed and TG is improved a lot in those 6 years. So a very warm welcome, and hope to see more of you here.

Hannes

GemedetAdept

I've gotten a better handle on how terrain masking works! Plus, I've employed the oldest trick in the book: you can't notice a lack of detail if the sun is too low for there to be detail.