Oshyan

I love the sky in the latest version!

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Quote from: Oshyan on April 26, 2019, 02:39:58 PM
I love the sky in the latest version!

- Oshyan

Yes - the sky is epic! :)
The compromise with the less white trees and only in a distance looks better in my eyes, too! Thumbs up!

otakar

Wow, yeah, the sky is something! Did not expect that  8)

Ok, got another reference image for you: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFxkthHUwAAZpIB.jpg

Stones would definitely add something to the scene, with careful distribution. One other thing to work on is the too sharp edges of the shoreline. Should definitely look more jagged, some fractal noise would help.

Then check out the texture of the ground in the wooded area in the reference image. There is undergrowth, but also some exposed soil and rocks. I suggest you break up that cover for better realism.

But I agree here, it is really nice progress. Cool that you are sticking with it. Keep going!

Stormlord

PHYTOPLANKTON CLOUDS IN THE WATER
-------------------------------------------------------------

My idea is to create phytoplankton clouds into the water... so where do I start?

First of all, I did an intensive research regarding the average water colours of such clouds and particles in satellite images.
The result of my research is now presented...

[attach=1]
Average water colours and phytoplankton cloud colours in open water
(Clean RGB Colours to save them in your Library)

[attach=2]
Average water colours and phytoplankton cloud colours in open water
(With Satellite Reference Pictures)

Next I created a simple water shader based upon these average water colours.
A tuned noise pattern with some stretching and some experimenting are a good start for my shader.

[attach=3]
In this screenshot you can see my first phytoplankton water shader based upon my research

To see the final outcome of the phytoplankton clouds in the water at it's best, I recommend to set up a top view of the scene.
I found out that it is better to fade out all vegetables and add a simple black shader to your terrain. So you will focus mainly on the clouds in the water and not to the whole scenery.
If you do so, you can see the water (lake) with it's phytoplankton clouds much better as it is seen in this screenshot (which I did before I deactivated all the unnecessary stuff).

[attach=4]
Top View of Lake Tahoe

Afterwards I placed a few Vortex  Warp Shaders (see Node) in and around my lake and they swirls the phytoplankton clouds in the water nicely around.
Yes, it was fun to check out all the different settings by chance and see which results will finally show up!

[attach=5]
Phytoplankton swirled with Vortex Warp Shaders

Then it was time to make a first test. To get some bright clouds in the water, I set the volume density here up to 100 to see them clearly in the preview window.
In the rendering, I decreased it down to 25. To be honest, I was really eager to see the result because nobody here in the forum did such a phytoplakton shot before!

[attach=6]
The first phytoplankton test rendering

[attach=7]
Lakes and Small Mountains (Phytoplankton Cloud)

The next steps are already planned and will be added soon, so stay tuned!

STORMLORD

RichTwo

Phytoplankton...  Interesting touch of detail, Dirk.  The camera angle though gives me a touch of vertigo...
They're all wasted!

Stormlord

VERTIGO !

[attachimg=1]
Vertigo!

STORMLORD

Dune

I like the final result. Great idea about the phytoplankton too.

Stormlord

Thank you Dune!
I really appreciate your opinion. You are really an outstanding and excellent artists and I like your renderings very much!

It is hard to find your way through the program in the beginning. But I still learn, read much in the forum and try to really understand Terragen.
So the results become more and more convincing. At the moment I am working on some fake stones and a convincing sandy beach.
A puristic beach is done, now I am trying to set up some fake stone layers here and there...

[attachimg=1]
Just a clean beach zone as basic starter (for more to come)

STORMLORD

Stormlord

Now
Quote from: otakar on April 29, 2019, 11:29:52 AM
Stones would definitely add something to the scene, with careful distribution. Then check out the texture of the ground in the wooded area in the reference image. There is undergrowth, but also some exposed soil and rocks. I suggest you break up that cover for better realism. But I agree here, it is really nice progress. Cool that you are sticking with it. Keep going!

Hi otakar, as you already recommended, I placed some fake stones in a lagoon. Further I decided to take care about the sandy beach zone (colours and altitude).
A slight change was made also regarding the water colours. Now the water, it's reflection, the transparency and the size of the waves is fine in my eyes. I think I will keep it this way.

[attachimg=1]
Fake Stone Lagoon

Further planned is some more vegetation in the beach area and an indian summer edition.
Also some sail boats or a beautiful glider is still in my mind... We will see...

STORMLORD

Oshyan

Much improved! This is looking very promising.

- Oshyan

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on May 05, 2019, 01:27:19 PM
Much improved! This is looking very promising.

- Oshyan

I agree with Oshyan but have a small issue with the size of the stones; I have no point of reference so I'll not be overly critical but the largest ones seem over large to the scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Stormlord

Yes Bobby, I asked myself the same...
(And this is why I startet to create a Silhouette as true scale reference for the next step of evolution in this scenery.)
These are more boulders, but I keep on tweaking!

You are absolutely right Bobby.
Please be critical (as long as it is constructive) because this helps me to improve the things mentioned!

STORMLORD

Hannes

Indeed, this must be 30 m boulders. To my taste they don't need to be there. Otherwise great improvements!

DocCharly65

The last two are really impressive! Great improvement!