Gaea World Machine Experiment

Started by Urantia Jerry, April 13, 2019, 08:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urantia Jerry

The height-map was created in Gaea, eroded and textured in World Machine using various Geoglyph devices, and then put back through Gaea to get the original color maps to fit the new erosion.

Comments and Criticism is welcome.  Thank you for looking.

mhaze

Interesting mountain and point of view. It maybe physically correct but I find the colour of the scree to light - perhaps more colour variation too.

Urantia Jerry

bobbystahr

Interesting pipeline to your image..don't have those programs but am tempted to try em out...agree w/mhaze on the scree.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Interesting, was Gaea's erosion not to your taste/preference?

I think the scree mainly needs some color variation, especially by height, and perhaps by slope. Parts of it could still be this light though.

- Oshyan

Urantia Jerry

Thank you Oshyan for your inquiry...

To be honest, I have been using a 'pre-set' scene in World Machine, if you will - that provides some awesome color and masking bitmaps - but I didn't think the outcome of the final render was as realistic as I would like it to be. 

I found (again, a 'preset') within Gaea that provided more realistic colors overall, and I thought that using the color maps, and masks from both builds would provide a more realistic outcome.

I guess I was looking to incorporate the 'best of both worlds'.

As this was my first attempt with this work flow, I really didn't know what to expect.

Gaea is still very new to me, and maybe you are right... I just like the 'Plant Mask', the 'Talus Mask' and others provided with World Machine and Geoglyph.

Urantia Jerry

Yes, so I did a Google search for scree images, and I see what you mean.

That would help me a lot.

Thank you!