Terragen 0.9

Started by Lalla, April 17, 2019, 07:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Sometimes (or always) if you auto adjust the curves (temporarily), you'll be able to see what's in the black void.

Lalla

Quote from: Oshyan on April 21, 2019, 01:55:48 PM
As I said, just because the TIFF *looks* black does not mean there is no data in it. Regular image viewers are often not capable of correctly displaying DEM data, especially when such data is 16 or 32 bits per channel (which it will be if you download it from the USGS).

If you provide specific information about the data you are downloading (area/location or file name), or share the actual files (e.g. with WeTransfer), then we may be able to help further.

- Oshyan

One trouble (loading dem or tiff files) solved.

Now I've another trouble.

I've downalod horseshoe bend map and I want show it on terragen. Then, I've loaded tiff file (all ok until here), but now I've some trouble to "move" the camera on horseshoe bend spot, how can do it?
Thanks for help, terragen 3 has a lot of option and understand all is a bit difficult for me ^^.
I've loaded here some image to explain you what I mean.
Lalla

bobbystahr

In the top view, Right Click where you want the camera, select Copy Coordinates and paste that to your camera. This will place it on the ground at that point and while still in top view rotate the camera using the widget till it's aimed correctly and raise it up about 6 meters so it's above the ground and then select Current render camera from the boxes under the 3D preview...should get you there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lalla

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 22, 2019, 08:29:46 AM
In the top view, Right Click where you want the camera, select Copy Coordinates and paste that to your camera. This will place it on the ground at that point and while still in top view rotate the camera using the widget till it's aimed correctly and raise it up about 6 meters so it's above the ground and then select Current render camera from the boxes under the 3D preview...should get you there.

Sorry but I don't understand :(, is a tutorial somewhere to learn how?

I post an image that I made with terragen 2, I want make some images as this, but I must use terragen 3 and I can't able to move camera in the spot I want.
Lalla