New Forest Floor attempt

Started by bobbystahr, April 17, 2019, 09:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

found a PBR named twisted branches and is my new mail squeeze for forest floors as it suits conifers and deciduous trees.
that's the XFROG Silver maple, Walli's fern and Dune's grass 5. procedural grass on the far hill.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

This one is way better than your previous thread. It's really good actually, one of your best I may say. The fern in front is well placed too.

Hannes

Indeed better. Well done, Bobby.

bobbystahr

Thanks Hannes
and Thanks Ulco...actually I edited them there from the pop as the tree didn't look real where it went into the ground.
Think I'll re render with better settings AA/Detail wise...but tomorrow...quarter to 2 here and the Sun comes up much earlier so good nite folks
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I couldn't stop tweaking and as the main real problem I have with the free XFROG trees is the branches always look 'glued on'; but with creative lighting and some mist/fog they often look way better...hence this re render of this scene with fog and higher AA.
And if I do say so myself, finding the twisted branches PBR has solved forest floors for me, works with both conifer and deciduous types of trees.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

That turns out better and better!

Do you want to fill the horizon later? The gap looks a bit strange. Some bushes perhaps?

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 20, 2019, 06:25:52 AM
That turns out better and better!

Do you want to fill the horizon later? The gap looks a bit strange. Some bushes perhaps?

Thinking another forest on the far hills myself, but you're correct
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Asterlil

I love the scene; it has great depth, with the park-like vista beyond the copse of maples. I'm reminded of a road, Rt. 244, that runs through the Mescalero reservation here in New Mexico. The Apaches do masterful forest management, keeping patches of open ground throughout the woods, because that's how the elk and deer like it.

Asterlil

I found a couple of photos taken by the roadside (tribal police are heavy on non-native American trespassers). Their forest management is strict about not letting the forest grow right up to the sides of the road, but even so, you can see how "clean" everything is. For me it's Edenic -- makes me want to wander through it.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Asterlil on April 20, 2019, 01:13:56 PM
I found a couple of photos taken by the roadside (tribal police are heavy on non-native American trespassers). Their forest management is strict about not letting the forest grow right up to the sides of the road, but even so, you can see how "clean" everything is. For me it's Edenic -- makes me want to wander through it.

beautiful scenes...they must really love their land.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New